Interpreting SNMP CPU Usage values

I’m attempting to monitor CPU usage via SNMP on a Balance 380 running 6.3.1 build 3471. I’m using OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.23695.200.1.1.1.3.1.0 with SNMP v1 GET. I’m seeing integer values that don’t match the dashboard CPU % values.

When I GET an SNMP value and then compare to what’s displayed on the dashboard, I see this sort of correlation:

SNMP Dashboard
9 36%
14 49%
15 50%
16 51%
17 56%
18 56%
27 86%

It’s not clear to me how to translate the SNMP value into a percentage value like the dashboard displays. Is it possible to get the dashboard CPU % via SNMP?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

The CPU usage value get from the SNMP query are in hundred of percentages. For more information, please refer to the attached screenshot.

Suspect the different value that you get are related to the WebUI Dashboard refresh interval compare to the SNMP query interval that used. Worry you are comparing two different reading for the CPU usage for different time due to the Dashboard refresh interval & SNMP query interval are different.

If you think this is not the case, please open a support ticket here for the support team to further check.

Thank you