Incontrol2 VM - Google Maps is not searching

Hi!

I did just install my on-premise Incontrol2 VM.
The devices can be added, but the address-search does not work. If I enter an address, the GPS-coordinates for my balance-routers is not updated.

I can only see:
The Location field may not correspond to the address

I tried to insert a google-maps-api-key, but the problem still persists.

How can I change this behaviour?

Thank you
Regards
KPS

I recall an issue was raised when Google made a change to the API, this was fixed in 2.7.3. Can you please check the ICVA version you are running?

1 Like

Hi!

I am already using ICVA 2.7.3
Is there anything, I can try?

I’m reaching out to the engineers about this and we should have an update for you within 24 hours.

1 Like

Do you see a suggestion list after inputting an address and pressing ENTER? E.g.:

If so, please click one of the suggested addresses. Then the Location fields will be updated. The warning message will also be gone.

If it does not solve, please take a screenshot and let us check.

1 Like

Hi!

No, I do not see any suggestion.
If I do only search for one city (e.g. Amsterdam), everything is working fine, but if I search for an address, nothing happens and the warning-sign comes up.

→ Amsterdam, working
→ Amsterdam, Zandstraat → warning sign.

Do you have any idea, why?
AutoSuggest does not work at all.

Thank you for your help

We just identified a bug in passing the API key to the Google Maps API service. We have applied a hot patch to your system. However, we find another issue. On the Google API console, you enabled HTTP referrer restriction on your Google Maps API key, which is good. But your ICA’s address is not on the accept list. Please input your ICA’s URL prefix to the accept list.

We will release an ICA update to address the issue.

1 Like

Hi Michael!

Thank you for your answer!
I did not activate Application restrictions on HTTP referrers. I did activate it on my IP-address.

Now, I changed it to the referrer. How can I check if it is working, now?

I see. I said so because I see the map is now shown like this:

The JavaScript console says “Google Maps JavaScript API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError”.

Anyway, if you could see the map is displayed normally and the address look-up is also working properly, then your setup is fine now.

1 Like

Hi Michael!

The maps are shown correct, but the search is still not in function.
I choose the device, edit, type the address, but do not get any suggestion or a result.

After further investigation, I find ICA customers also have to enable the Geocoding API in the Google API console. After enabling it, the address lookup is working now. We will update the setup guide in this aspect.

1 Like

Hi!

One strange thing:
If I add NEW devices, I can see suggestions.
If I change the address for a device that is already in IC2, there is no suggestion.

I have no problem with that, but perhaps interesting for your developers.

1 Like

Hi!

@Michael
I just saw, that GoogleMaps is broken in my InControl OnPrem installation:

This page can’t load Google Maps correctly.

Are there any news?

InControl Version is 2.7.3

Geocode AND Maps are activated.
I can’t search any addresses.

Can you please check this, one more time? RA is activated.

Thank you!

You hit a known issue with 2.7.3 which has been addressed in 2.7.3.2. After the IC VM was restarted 2 days ago, the Google Maps API key was not properly applied. We remote logged in to your ICA via RA and applied patched. The problem should have already been fixed.

Hi!

Great news. Does this problem reappear, if I reboot?

Is it safe to upgrade?

Thank you for your fast help!

@Michael
One additional question: I do not find any docs on how to upgrade the virtual appliance. How is it done “the right way”?

Just install a new one and import the config?

It should not reappear now as we have applied a patch. You are not necessarily needed to upgrade to 2.7.3.2 now.

See chapter 13 in the setup guide for the upgrade instructions.

@Michael
Thank you very much!!!

The InControl Appliance in my other post is the same one. It would be great, if you could take a look at this ticket, too.

Thank you

Replied. Please check.