InControl2 - Remote Web Admin - Results in Error

I started having an issue in the last hour with InControl2 not allowing me to Remote Web Admin any of my equipment. I have cleared all cookies, cleared all browsing data including saved login information, and tried again. This has been tested in both Google Chrome (latest build) and Firefox (latest build). I believe this to be an issue with the website not my computer.

Google error message:
Screenshot 2020-11-02 121855 !

Firefox error message:

!

It appears the iOS Peplink InControl2 software is unable to access the server as well.

Glad it’s not just me.

Also you will want to check your attachments, don’t think you meant to post what you did

1 Like

We’re seeing the same thing here across multiple organizations, models, browsers etc.

Peplink Team,
Would it be possible to update the community as to the scope of organizations impacted and any remedy ETAs?

2 Likes

Same issues here on multiple units.

1 Like

Ahh thanks!

I’ve been getting errors in Zabbix from my api calls for the last hour or so… get a bad gateway when I run the call manually.

I have now tested on all 33 devices in my InControl2 and everyone of them results in same errors. I’ve also noticed performance issues with status updates on the InControl2 device dashboard pages.

We are having the same issue happening with all of our routers, across multiple groups.

1 Like

Same here - its just for remote web admin - results in “too many errors - try clearing your cookies”.

1 Like

This is also affecting all of my “FindMyPeplink” addresses.
I cannot ping any of them, they just say:
"ping: cannot resolve ‘hostname’: Unknown host

Edit: FindMyPeplink address just started resolving as of 2:47PM EST for me

1 Like

Same here. Ticket submitted. All 179+ devices are un-adminable.

2 Likes

Yes I submitted a ticket too.

I wish my network was 179 devices in size. My budget department is probably glad it isn’t tough. That is a lot of cellular service.

1 Like

Dear Partners & Customers,

Peplink is aware of the issue. We are working on the issue.
I will send an update as soon as the service is back online.

Thanks!

Soriam

1 Like

Would it be possible to get an ETA? This is causing an issue with finalizing our equipment for support of the 2020 Election.

RWA fix is already in progress. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Soriam

1 Like

RWA has been fixed.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Soriam

4 Likes

thanks @Soriam-V

Any information on what the issue was? Many network admins will be wondering the same thing in order to properly report issues within their own organizations.

2 Likes

Root cause analysis: 11/02/2020 At approximately 1 pm central time, the database restarted spontaneously causing DB connections to fail health checks and affecting DDNS, RWA, and Authentication Services.
Fix applied: Services resumed after restart.
Prevention : Added monitors to check for errors to alert us if this were to happen again.

3 Likes