InControl2 out of warranty?

I used the original InControl web site for a long time. I started managing my access points in the Balance router instead of the web site. I wanted to go back to the web site, but the new InControl2 will not recognize some of my AP One devices. It says they are “out of warranty”.

Is there a recurring charge to use InControl2?

Can I manage remote off site access points, with one Balance 380? I see an option for remote access points but I don’t know how to configure the devices to find it.

Hi Don.
InControl is free for the first year and if you purchase extended warranty or SmartCare.
Once a device is out of warranty, you need to pay per device to use InControl. The price is €29 for one year or €49 for two years (per device). You can purchase from a Peplink Partner or direct from Peplink.

InControl 2 subscription is applicable to:

Balance 20, 30, 50, One
MAX BR Series
Surf SOHO
MAX On-The-Go
AP One Series
AP Pro
FusionHub Essential, FusionHub Pro

InControl 2 access is available for products that are under warranty. No need to purchase InControl 2 Subscription for your in-warranty devices.

It is possible to use the Balance 380 to control remote devices. Please refer to the following article for more info. http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/can-i-manage-a-remote-ap-outside-of-the-network-2/

Thank you, but the link to the article does not work. Probably pointing to your old web site.

I was able to figure out how to make the B380 control remote APs. Enable the feature on the B380.

Then went to the remote site which uses a B210. Disabled the B210 managing the access points. Added a DNS route for “wlancontroller” to point to the B380’s WAN1. I then rebooted each of he access points. It works!

Using the B380 as contoller, I regained the ability to block specified subnets, which in my case are all our LANs at four sites connected by speed fusion. Interesting that the block subnet feature still exists in the B380, but does is no available on InControl2.

My B380 is still running firmware 6.3.3. If I upgrade to firmware 7.0, will I lose the block subnet feaure? I would not want to lose that!

Controlling from the B380 also gave me back the ability to turn off the AP radios during certain hours of he day. As a future feature request, please let me control the individual SSID separately with hours of the day. At present I have to turn off the AP radio entirely, but I’d prefer to just disable the guest SSID, while continuing our internal use SSID at all times.

Guru - My AP are at one local location and two remote locations. I moved them all to management by one B380. The management is working fine. I can apply subnet blocking within the SSID configuration using this method.

When I started this process, I saw the schedule to set up hours of operation for the APs. Thats the map with days and hours, and you click on the time intervals for the APs to be turned on and off. I can’t seem to find that page in the B380 software any longer. Did it go away when I started using it for remote management? Can you tell me how to navigate to that page?

I am currently running 6.3.3. Does going to 7.0 add or remove any of the features above? I need to turn off my APs when our business is closed. I would prefer to turn off just the Guest SSID and leave on our internal password protected SSID, but if its all or nothing I would still turn them off.

My B380 v6 is currently running 6.3.3. I can’t find the page where I set hours of operation for the APs. Where is that

Does going to firmware 7.0 add or remove any features related to the AP setup? I need to turn off my APs when our business is closed. I would prefer to turn off just the Guest SSID and leave on our internal password protected SSID, but if its all or nothing I would still turn them off.

@Don_Ferrario

Please upgrade using Firmware version 7. Can you schedule the SSID availability using firmware version 7.

Schedule

SSID settings