In doing a little research I got this as a requirement for terminating the Verizon private ipsec tunnel. I found out this about “Transport Mode” which may be the cause of management portals not working.
- NAT traversal is not supported with the transport mode.
These are the requirements for a device to terminate the Verizon private network. Do any of the Pepwave units meet these requirements?
The device used to terminate a Verizon Wireless Private Network VPN must meet the following criteria:
· Terminate IPSec tunnel in Transport mode.
· Terminate GRE tunnel.
· Run BGP.
· May not be a Juniper device unless it’s older Juniper CPE (SSG series) running ScreenOS (JunOS devices only support Tunnel mode and will not work on Private Network).
· May not be a Cisco or Juniper firewall/ASA.
· Any device other than a Cisco router may work, but it will be up to the customer to ensure it meets the IPSec, BGP and GRE requirements.
*Note that Verizon Wireless will not be able to offer any configuration support or guidance on any device other than Cisco routers.