Incontrol source interface

Hi all,

Short question for you, it’s sometime a mistery for me to understand the source interface used by peplink for Incontrol Communication.
sometime, source interface is one of the WAN one and sometime the Lan …
Is there a way to force that ? a parameter somewhere is missed ??

I got a real exemple with a customer with one central site and one remote. Between both there is a SF. Central Balance, instead of using his Internet Wan interface for IC comm, it using his Lan one (gateway for the 0.0.0.0 is the Firewall on the LAn) … don’t understand why :frowning_face:

Thx for your help.

V.

Not sure what the internal logic is for choosing a connection to communicate with IC2 either, but if I want to be sure of which way that goes I set up a DNS based outbound policy for *.peplink.com and prioritise it via a specific WAN.

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thx for your answer. Should be nice either to have an explanation about how it works or to have a check box in the GUI for choosing it :slight_smile:

Rgds

V.

Martin is mostly right. Devices just route IC2 communication traffic to its WANs/VPNs according to its outbound policy, static routes, and routes learned from PepPVN peers. “Send all traffic to a PepVPN peer” option also governs.

You may refer to this page for IC2 server IP addresses.

2 Likes

Thx all for your help.

V.

Check this please @Asem