InControl issue tracking page

Date: 2023-11-11
Time: 05:36 UTC
System: One of Mars subsystems called “mars3”.

Issues: Some device-reported data were not processed. Device and group status might be out of date.

Update: The issue was resolved on 2023-11-12 at 23:40 UTC. It was due to a database connection pool being exhausted. However, the issue was not identified promptly.

Issue avoidance: A monitor on database connection pool errors has been implemented. When the same error occurs, the pool will be reset automatically. Peplink engineers will be notified at the same time.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Please set this forum post “Watching” to receive notifications.

2 Likes

Date: 2024-01-02
Time: 06:20 UTC
System: Entire InControl system.

Issue: A lot of devices have been falsely marked as offline.

Update:
A system component was generating a high CPU load to a memory database. The database was overloaded.

The component stopped generating the load at about 07:12. Devices started to appear online gradually since then. The system was totally recovered at 07:48 UTC.

Please set this forum post “Watching” to receive the notification.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

3 Likes

Date: 2024-03-09
Time: since 01:00 UTC

Issue:
When users visit their organization, an error message “This organization requires users to enable two factor authentication.” even though the users have been two-factor authenticated during sign-in.

Impact:
For organizations that require their users to be two-factor authenticated, their users were unable to open the organization. Organizations with the option disabled were not affected.

Update:
The issue was resolved at 02:58 UTC.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

4 Likes

There is a major issue with InControl. All public organizations are inaccessible.

1 Like

It is working again now. Ah it was scheduled maintenance…

2 Likes

Hi Martin,

How did you learn it was scheduled? I didn’t see any updates on IC2 or in this thread.

@jakub.nowicki it should be this announcement.

1 Like

Hi Wei Ming,

thanks! I just learned that I “watched” wrong thread.
I set a an alert for any future posts with the tag you linked.

Please consider adding alerts about scheduled maintenance in IC2 as App push and notification for browser users.

I’m still down, getting 502 gateway error. phone app isn’t working either. time to call for support :pleading_face:

Another extremely useful tool would be a secondary site like status.incontrol2.peplink.com where known issues and planned interruptions could be shared with users. This would help all those that aren’t part of the forums to know if/when there are any incidents and that Peplink is working on things keeping network managers from worrying and channel support teams from creating tickets for known issues.

1 Like

Hello, this has been resolved.

2 Likes