Inclusion of 2 Signals

For public safety purposes, I’d like to see these two items be included in future releases of pepwave products.

-FirstNet Band 14, Public Safety cellular network :: About Us | First Responder Network Authority
-Public Safety WiFi, 4.9GHz band for PS WiFi network

FirstNet is still rolling out and there are some cities/states already allocating the 4.9GHz wiFi for their Public Safety needs.

2 Likes

I would very much like to see this happen too. We have our FirstNet account and are demoing other manufacturer’s hardware currently. I would rather use our Peplink network as it is much more robust. I was hoping that since Sierra Wireless is making the actual modem and they are certified as is the hardware in CP brand that this was an easy fix. But, all I have heard are crickets. The 4.9 GHz is interesting, but that is licensed spectrum in most areas that I am familiar with. Supposed to be used for fixed or temporary fixed site linking paths.

2 Likes

Hi EM724,

Thank you for your feedback and continued support of Peplink!
Just wanted to make sure you know we are working on certifying a line FirstNet certified Pepwave routers.
We’ll be sure to update the forum when the time comes!

2 Likes

Thank you Adam. We are have been waiting for information. I was told by Sierra Wireless that they had obtained FirstNet certification, so I figured the Peplink equipment would be supporting it fairly quickly. Since inside my units have Sierra Wireless modems.

1 Like