To restore the factory default settings on a Peplink Balance unit, perform the following steps:
For Peplink Balance 20/30/210/310:
- Locate the reset button on the Peplink Balance unit.
For Peplink Balance 20/30 (Current)/210/310, the reset button is located on the front panel of the unit.
- With a paper clip, press and hold the reset button for at least 10+ seconds, until the unit reboots.
(if you press and hold the reset button for only 5-10 seconds, instead of a factory reset the admin user password will be reset to ‘admin’ and access will be reset to HTTP)
3.Afterwards, the factory default settings will be restored.
For Peplink Balance 305/380/580/710/1350:
- Use the buttons on front panel to control the LCD menu to go to Maintenance > Factory Default, and then choose Yes to confirm.
- All user settings will be lost after restoring the factory default settings.
- Backing up the configuration to a configuration file prior to restoring factory defaults, as well as regular configuration backups, are strongly recommended.