How to Migrate Your FusionHub Licence to a New VM

Hello team, will this migration still work even if the subscription of the FHB is already expired? thanks

1 Like

@rocknolds, it should work.

2 Likes

That link doesn’t seem to work. I’d like to try out FusionHub on Vultr.com and it’d require an ISO. The download in InControl2 is for a VMware deployment package.

Hello @amaranth,
Have you seen this post

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

I too am having this issue at Vultr.com. Why can’t we simply change this key in the web admin interface!

I rebooted my VM on Digital Ocean (by pressing power off, then power on) and now am getting the error “Virtual machine server changed.” “License type: invalid” Screenshot below

Do I have to re-install from scratch?!

@mystery, can I confirm you are migrating the FusionHub from somewhere to the Digital Ocean? If so, please follow the suggestion below.

1 Like

No, I spun up a completely new instance (droplet) yesterday. Successfully setup speedfusion. Then simply rebooted the instance (droplet). After reboot I got that error. I am still getting the error even after trying to reboot again. I did not migrate. Its a brand new license. Support ticket # 20060243

1 Like

@mystery, this error message is related to the hardware ID changed at the hypervisor side. Do you mind to provide the URL and login credential of the FusionHub for me to take a closer look? If so, please PM the details.

Thanks.

1 Like

@mystery, we fixed your FusionHub issue and rebooted the FusionHub few times without issue. We suspect this is due to hardware ID changed at the Digital Ocean. Do let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much. All I did was reboot the VM/Droplet via Digital Ocean’s control panel. Do you mind sharing (via private message is fine) how you fixed it so if I encounter it again, I can fix myself? I am also happy to reboot the VM and see if it happens again if you would like to collect logs to see what is going on, just let me know. Thanks again TK!

1 Like

@mystery, this need to be done by the engineering team. We also try to find out why the hardware ID will be changed occasionally after a reboot. Do let me know if this happens again.

Thanks.

1 Like

This happened to me when I spun up a test instance in DO shortly after rebooting the Fusionhub becomes unlicensed.

This was a reboot for a firmware upgrade to 8.1

Reaffirming that this is still an issue on DO. I created the VM and FusionHub, shut it down for the Thanksiving weekend, and upon turning it back on it now says “Virtual machine server changed” and provides no options to do anything. 8.1.0 build 4940.

I am still having the issue too. A simple reboot of a VM and the FusionHub needs to be recreated.

We found that some recent changes in DigitalOcean break FusionHub’s license checking mechanism.
Unfortunately, that cannot be fixed by just firmware upgrade.

If your DO VM is affected (License invalid after reboot/power-cycle), please setup a new DO VM using this VMDK image and migrate the license to the new VM.

Only DO platform is affected.

1 Like

So you are saying there will not be a fix?

@mystery, there is a fix. You need to setup a new FusionHub by using the vmdk file provided by Kenny, backup config from the existing FusionHub, migrate the existing FusionHub license to the new FusionHub (instruction has been given in the first post of this forum thread), and restore the config to the new FusionHub.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought those were the steps to recover but it would happen again. Thank you for fixing, I will load the new image when I get a chance.

1 Like

This is still an issue on DO. It happened today. Installed the image last week. Will now proceed to install the fusionhub-do.vmdk image.

1 Like