How to disable Subscription Mode if device is expired?

One of my HD2 is added to InControl2 before.
Now it is expired, and I can’t uncheck the box “Allow InControl Management” under System-InControl.

Also, all the internet traffic are redirected to captive portal. (I haven’t enable it!)

How can I fix it?

Thanks
Kit

You should always be able to uncheck the “Allow InControl Management” checkbox when logged in locally to the device as an administrator. Are you sure you’re logged in as an admin user?

1 Like

Yup, definitely log in as admin

Apart from downloading the config, unplugging the WAN and doing a factory reset then unticking the ‘Allow InControl management’ checkbox and uploading the config then reconnecting the WAN - I have No idea how you can disable this.

Lets ask @Michael for his input.

1 Like

Already tried reset to factory setting, even upload to other firmware but with no luck.

It is very weird…
Anyway, thx for your advice.

Subscription mode devices are sold in a discounted price. Users are required to renew their subscription upon expiration in order continue to use them. Otherwise, they will behave exactly what Kit described.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. I did not know about subscription mode devices. That is good to know.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.
Just want to clarify one thing. Will the device change to “Subscription mode” suddenly?
If not, I need to deal with my vendor

@Wahaha, you may need to check with your vendor.

1 Like