How to connect satellite link DVBS2 download and SCPC upload to peplink 710

Dears Peplink,
I have satellite internet in my company DVBS2 Modem download link IP: 172.16.16.2
and SCPC upload link through Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1
now I connect both ether cables of download and upload links to a HUB SWITCH, and get ether cable from same switch to port WAN1 on my Peplink 710
and I configured WAN1 as following:

[TABLE=“width: 100%”]

Connection Type
Static IP

IP Address

Subnet Mask

Additional IP Address

Default Gateway

[/TABLE]

what I would to do is:

connect a cable from my DVBS2 Modem download link IP: 172.16.16.2 to WAN1 as only download link
and connect my Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1 to WAN2 as only upload link

and get internet as usual.

could you please give me the instruction to configure my separated links with out facing any issue?; because I tried to do it but with out any result!

Thanks & Best Regards,
Hisham Ali

Hi Hisham,

Can you please provide detail info for the satellite ? What do you mean for download link/upload link ?

WAN1: DVBS2 Modem download link IP: 172.16.16.2
WAN2: Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1

Do you tested by connect a PC to the modem and do you find any issue for the connections ?
PC 172.16.16.3 —> DVBS2 Modem: 172.16.16.2 —> Internet
PC 172.16.16.4 –> Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1 –> Internet

Thank you

Hi sitloongs,
below is answers for your questions:

1 - [quote=“sitloongs, post:2, topic:6764”]

Can you please provide detail info for the satellite ?

[/quote]

• Satellite internet is designed for locations without access to broadband high-speed internet. With speeds up to 150 times faster than dial-up, it’s a great solution for people who live in rural areas (like us in Syria “WARZONE”) or recently-constructed home developments.

• also we can ask How does it work?

Satellite internet works in the same manner as satellite TV. The concept of geosynchronous orbiting of satellites is central to the operation of satellite internet. Simply, this means that the satellite must be placed in an orbit above the equator at a distance of about 22,300 miles. At this location, the satellite will orbit at the same pace as the earth rotates. This enables your home satellite dish to constantly remain in contact with the orbiting satellite. This is also why (if you live in the northern hemisphere), you must have an unobstructed southward view of the sky from where you place your home satellite dish. The complete satellite internet system includes the following:

Satellite Dish
Modem
Orbiting satellite that receives and transmits data.

2 - [quote=“sitloongs, post:2, topic:6764”]

What do you mean for download link/upload link ?

[/quote]

there is many kind of internet connections through satellite:

as example:

SCPC/SCPC

Single Channel per Carrier (SCPC) transmission is the preferred choice for Quality of Service (QoS) sensitive application to enable Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and other delay critical applications. (just one modem will use to receive internet) used as any internet modem plug and play.

Key Features
High-speed broadband dedicated Internet access;
Point-to-Point connectivity among the network sites;
Low or high data rate transfer;
Wide area Intranet for corporate;
Supports voice, data, and video.

BUT in my case we used:

SCPC/DVB-S2

SCPC = Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1
DVB-S2 = DVBS2 Modem download link IP: 172.16.16.2

Highly effective, the flexible and low-cost SCPC/DVB-S2 delivers Internet access over DVB-S2 standard platform. This solution consists of three main components: Forward Link Subsystem, Return Link Subsystem, and auxiliary added value capabilities.

Key Features
Forward (downstream) channel use the DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcasting) multiplex;
Return channel (upstream) works on the standard SCPC (Single Channel per Carrier);
Unlike SCPC/SCPC, this solution enables connectivity based on allocated bandwidth from a large pool of bandwidths;
Low-cost platform;
Easy-to-use, easy-to-deploy;
Easily upgradeable via remote configuration;
High QoS with customized SLA.

3 - [quote=“sitloongs, post:2, topic:6764”]

Do you tested by connect a PC to the modem and do you find any issue for the connections ?
PC 172.16.16.3 —> DVBS2 Modem: 172.16.16.2 —> Internet
PC 172.16.16.4 –> Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1 –> Internet

[/quote]

• it’s will not work sir.

as I mentioned in previous post we must connect both ether cables one from the download link modem (DVBS2 Modem: 172.16.16.2) and the another one from upload link (Comtech Satellite Modem IP: 172.16.16.1) to a HUB SWITCH, and take ether cable from the same HUB SWITCH to PC 172.16.16.3 now we got internet on that PC and if we would also cable to PC 172.16.16.4 …etc.

Fainally I hope I could explain enough.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hisham Ali

UP UP …

Gentle Remainder …

Hello,

any ideas please …