How to block VPN in chrome Extension

Hi Peplink Experts,

I have a few question in here regarding on how to block in the chrome not to installed any VPN extension, , using the peplink model 380? can anyone who can help me on this?

Thanks and best regards,
Vic

This will be tricky. You need to block all VPN and proxies with the web content filter and then force the use of a DNS service that also blocks VPNs like Cleanbrowsing. Whats the deployment environment? Is it a school, a business, a home?

1 Like

How can i block all the VPN and proxies? this is an business sir and we are using peplink 380

1. Enable Application Blocking for All supported security / tunneling protocols & Content Blocking for proxy/anonymizer in Network > Firewall | Content Blocking
  2. Force all DNS requests via a DNS service that filters VPN. In Network > Misc Settings | Service Forwarding, enable Forward all outgoing DNS requests to local proxy
    Then make sure your DNS servers in WAN connection Settings point to a DNS service that filters VPN
3 Likes

Hi Martin,

I already execute all the instruction above but it will be block all the sites eventhough the site which is work related.

And also what do you mean by this:

Then make sure your DNS servers in WAN connection Settings point to a DNS service that filters VPN?

Can you please give me a sample sir., sorry for that i was a beginner on this peplink. thank you sir

Unless you know exactly which VPN browser extension is used and can block just that service you will always have overlap where some of the wrong sites are blocked.

See here for an example service, you’ll see the family filter blocks VPNs too.

2 Likes