How are Peplink AP's for a Large Deployment?

Hello,

Hello, I have a large project coming up that for Phase 1 will have a Peplink 310X router with several Cisco Catalyst switches in the MDF and 4 IDF’s. For Phase 1, we will only have 5-6 AP’s connected to 3 of the IDF switches, but Phase 2 and Phase 3 will introduce many more AP’s (probably around 50 total). I was just wondering if Peplink AP’s would be a good choice here.

Also would the controller be the 310X or InControl? I know all the Peplink routers have a built-in AP controller, but I’ve I would also need to be able to control which SSID’s are being broadcast from certain AP’s. Not all of the AP’s will be broadcasting the same SSID’s, so I’m not sure if that is possible with the Peplink controller.

If anyone has some experience and/or insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
John

Our biggest Peplink WIFI deployment is over 200 APs at one site, and it works just fine.

I would always reccomend using Incontrol2 as the controller, rather than a balance router.

Controlling the SSIDs being broadcast is very easy, assign them a tag (or multiple SSIDs to a tag if that works better) and then assign the tag to the ones you want to broadcast those SSIDs- dead simple.

There are a couple of things that at the moment can only be done on the AP, which is frustrating when you have lots, but hopefully they will move into IC2 soon. Things like setting “bridge mode without LAN IP” and turning off the lights on the AP off, not core functions.

John I second Bryn we have done some large deployments with out much issue.
You can either do via incontrol2 more flexibility or use a large balance to manage them.
Feel free to reach out to us as a peplink partner and we can go over it in more details pros/cons/pricing for each. [email protected]

Thank you for the responses! I appreciate it. We usually do Aruba AP’s, but I think I am going to give Peplink a try for this project.

We recently deployed the AP one AX and AX lite in a high density deployment for an event.

Can’t recommend them highly enough and it keeps everything in the same eco system which is great for management.

We also made use of air probe too to monitor everything