High number of SFTP connections from InControl2 Appliance to archive server

I have an on-prem installation of InControl2 where I use SFTP to connect to the archive server.

The number of simultaneous connections to the server is pretty high, with peaks over 400. And it seems to be increasing as we add more devices to the sytem. Check the picture below.

What number of simultaneous connections is to be expected when using an archive server with SFTP?

Normally, ICA should not make many SFTP connections concurrently. Do you have a lot of users accessing your system or any programs making a large number of API queries? Quite a lot of API query types would also need to access the archiver server to retrieve data. If you don’t have many users or programs that make many API queries, then please enable RA and PM me your ICA’s s/n. We will remote into it and have a look.

We normally have 1-3 users accessing the system. At most 5 users in one day.

We use a script to deploy new routers which makes 11-14 API queries each time it is run. Since 1st of december we have deployed a little over 50 routers with this script.

I still have an issue with this, and now it seems to have gotten worse. There are still just a few users (0 to 3 per day). And we have just over 100 devices.

After upgrading the IC2 appliance from 2.8.1.6 to 2.9.1.4 on october 4th 2021 i now get way more connections to the SFTP-server that dont close.

The picture below describes the number of connections to the SFTP-server in the last 6 months. Clearly something happened after upgrading.

I recommend you upgrade your system to the latest release 2.9.3.2. We do not hear from our customers the similar issues. If the issue still persists, please file a support ticket and we will follow up with you directly.