I’ve done some searching on this topic, but all the posts seem to be from 5+ years ago.
When I’m transferring data at high speeds, (50+mbps) on the cellular modem, I’m seeing CPU spike up very high. Usually it hits 90-100%.
I’ve also checked to see what the speeds are on my local network and it appears that the MAX Transit can only do ~350mbps through the WAN interface and about ~600mpbs on the LAN. Kind of shocked here.
I had PepVPN connection enabled, so I disabled it thinking that might be part of it. It didn’t make a difference with it disabled.
I don’t have any special routing or firewall rules.
I have tested this wired and wireless, with similar results on both.
I’ve yet to try a wired WAN connection, but just checking to see if this is normal.