Help with PepVPN?

At our main office we have a business server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials (192.168.1.x). It can provide VPN access for remote users but it’s Windows-based and kind of a pain in the butt. I would really like to get some PepVPN links set up, but I’m having trouble.

I have successfully set up a remote PepVPN connection to one location. I have that router using a subnet of 192.168.0.x. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the computers on that network to see our local Windows server (192.168.1.x). I have (I think, since I understand it’s the default and don’t think I disabled it) left split tunneling enabled, which is what I believe I want to do. Anyone here have experience with this type of setup?

I’m really hoping to get this working because it’ll make my life a lot easier supporting other remote users, who currently struggle with managing the Windows VPN.

You have mentioned 2 kinds of VPN here.

1. VPN access for remote users, which is client-to-gateway VPN.
  2. Remote PepVPN connection to one location, which is gateway-to-gateway VPN.

Your configuration looks more like client-to-gateway VPN, so it’ll be better if I can understand more on what you’ve setup for your remote user on that one location. Picture & screenshot usually help.

Hi, sorry - while yes, the client-to-gateway connection (Windows server VPN) is available, I’d like to setup a gateway-to-gateway VPN at these locations instead as it’d be much easier to manage and troubleshoot.

At the current test site, an AP One 300M in router mode is connected via PepVPN to the Balance 20 at the main office. The connection is successful. I’ll try to get screenshots tomorrow.

Main office LAN subnet is 192.168.1.0/24. Remote site is 192.168.0.0/24. Windows server is 192.168.1.X. Remote laptop (192.168.0.X) can’t see server.

Part of this is obviously made difficult to troubleshoot quickly by needing remote user to screenshare, etc.

Can I ask you to check that the server can ping the gateway for the remote site (192.168.0.x) and if the remote site peplink can ping the server (easier than having to screen share on the remote users machine).
I am wondering if you have the server or the laptop pointing at a different gateway to their respective peplink/pepwave devices, if so you will either need to change the gateway to the peplinks or add a static route.

Thanks! Adding a static route and disabling NAT mode on the main router did it! This is working great now. Now to deploy it to my other remote users!

Hey thanks for helpful post actually i am facing same technical problem on my laptop

Hi,

Good to know you manage to solved the issue. :o

Thank You