Help to speedfusion Setup

Hello Gents,

First, let me clarify I’m not Tech savvy, Just can handle the basics… so any step by step explanation will be appreciated…

I just bought this Pepwave Max on the go based on the poor performance of my internet cable connection, So I bought 3 USB modems and have the user and password of my friendly neighbor wifi network…

So this was my mental process to get this post finally:

1. This pepwave device it’s supposed to merge 3USB modems (3 Mbps each) + DSL (0.75 Mbps) + external (neighbor 1Mbps) <---- am I right to this point???

2)If I’m correct then I’ll get from the Pepwave max 3x3=9Mbps + 0.75 + 1 = 10.75 Mbps concentrated in my recently created AP from the same device…(I’ll be happy with that)

3)Then I set up the neighbor WiFi Parameters, connected the 3 USB modems and connected DSL cable…

1. Created my brand new access point…

RESULTS…

When I get into the dashboard and try to drag every recently created connection to “priority 1” just one remains active while others change status to stand by or disconnected… never can have all the ISP merged into a single connection and add each broad band as expected…

I’m trying this to my home network, nothing so complicated…

My thoughts are correct or there is something I’m missing???

Do I need to configure something under the VPN tab??? honestly I don’t know how to do it? can you please provide step by step instructions please???

In order to use put multiple internet connections into a single priority group with the MAX On The Go, you would need to have the Load Balancing or SpeedFusion license for the device. If you are putting these into the same priority but only one remains and the others move to lower priority, you don’t have the right version of the device.

In order to use bond the connections to create a single faster connection, you wold need the SpeedFusion version of this device PLUS another location that has another SpeedFusion enabled Peplink router with a high speed internet connection. A tunnel is created from the MAX to the other device and traffic is split up and recombined at the other side for the speed increase. Without the other side of the tunnel, the MAX could just load balance. Load balancing means the connections are all active at the same time but no single application could use the speed of all the connections at one time.

Also, the MAX On the Go is rated for SpeedFusion WAN Smoothing, not bonding. For bonding you would want to look to the MAX700 if your connections will be USB.

I created a reference guide here that goes over everything you need to know about bonding connections.

1 Like