Help setting up mk3 SURF SOHO with a bridge router

hello guys

my MK3 SURF SOHO arrived , but ineed your help i have a ADSL connection

So i only have rj45 jack access ,
it was advised to make ; my ADSL Router as a BRIDGE and connect it to the SURF SOHO …

i am kind of asking for a lot here ; sorry,

but i need a step by step guide on how to do the whole settings of both routers …

my DSL Router is NETGEAR DG834Gv3

thank in advance

Hi @gemma,

It’s simply impossible to supply you with a step-by-step installation guide, since everyone’s network preferences are different.
Please find the Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 (firmware 7) manual here:
Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 Firmware 7 Manual.pdf (5.1 MB)

Regarding the Netgear DG834Gv3, you might be better off calling your local Netgear supportline, or contacting them via e-mail.
If the Netgear DG834Gv3 is the modem/router that your provider has supplied you, you might need to contact your provider so they can put it into bridge mode for you.
Most providers in The Netherlands, where I live, demand that you call them when you want their modem/router in bridge mode.
When bridge mode is activated, you won’t have to do any other settings in the Netgear DG834Gv3.

1 Like

thank you for answering ,

the thing is ; where i live there is no Netgear support , even the isp cant help much where i live .

that’s why i asked for help here , i didn’t mean the network preferences

i meant the settings and configurations for the bridge router setup

Hi. I think you were given good advice by Joey. Essentially, you want to use your Netgear device as a MODEM only. You don’t want it to do any routing. You probably also want do the system log-on (PPPoE) via the SOHO.

As Joey pointed out, this is a “Netgear issue” – The SOHO can do what you want rather effortlessly. When it comes time to set the SOHO for PPPoE one begins by following this menu chain: Network | WAN Connections Settings | Connection Method.

Using a common search engine, I see a number of links that may be followed on how to set the Netgear to bridge mode. If you a search term e.g., D843G bridge mode that should get you were you want to go. And, you did not find anything on Netgear’s web site?

Rick

2 Likes