I am trying to establish a site-to-site VPN connection using two Balance One routers.
Both are on the current firmware 6.3.3. Pep VPN version 5.0.
I can’t find clear instructions online all the manuals that I find refer to an older firmware with a differnt UI.
Here is a list of questions that I can’t find a clear answer on:
- Name: can this be any name?
- Remote iD: serial of the other router? / Router Name / Admin name?
- Pre-shared key: SSL certificate / Password I created / Admin password
- : Do I have to create more than one Remote ID / Pre-shared key for a single site-to-site connection?
- Remote IP address: Is this the static iP address found by “whatismyip.com”?
I was told not to worry about the other fields…
What to enter on the other side?
It all looks so simple but there are still so many variables. And no indicator when stuff isn’t working.
Thanks for your help!