Help - DDNS/Static IP with SFC Bonding

Hey all,

I’ve been banging my head trying to figure out how to access a server that is connected behind two bonded WANs over SpeedFusion Cloud. Both WANs are cellular and double NAT’d. From my research and chatting with Peplink, it seems as though my only option to have public access to our server is to host a FusionHub on Vultr in order to port forward to our server that sits behind the bonded connection. I’d like to get some firsthand experience from someone who has set up this type of connection. I know I’m not the first to try…

My preference would be to use a DDNS, if possible. I’m having a bit of a hard time understanding the connection from FusionHub to my Balance 20X running SFC bonding. I also see that dealing with monthly bandwidth on Vultr could create another potential issue. Hate to overpay for additional bandwidth and not use it, but even worse to get cut off for not having enough.

I’m also considering using Tailscale to VPN to our server, but, this would prevent us from using the file sharing link functionality (which we use a lot). I appreciate any help and/or advice on how you’d set this up.

If you have turned on a Vultr FusionHub ($5/month includes 1TB of data) then you have a fixed IP. No DDNS required.

This is SpeedFusion/PepVPN (not SFC which implies Peplink’s cloud servers not your own)

I doubt you will go anywhere near that 1TB bandwidth limit. I run email, general web and plex and only use 50G/month.

I have excatly the same setup in both Vultr and AWS. CGNAT on 2 or 3 wans to FusionHubs, with port forwarding back to the servers (synology) I also use L2TP for general access to all of the devices on the private networks.

if you wanted to go zero trust inbound, then you could set up CloudFlare with Zero Trust. but then you will need to to be a web application person.

1 Like