HDx2 vs MAX 700 and balance 210 combo

Hi, I am new to bonded streaming and excited about joining the peplink community.

At the moment I have the oppurtunity to purchase a Pepwave HD2 (with dual sim bonded functionality) or a used Pepwave max 700 and balance 210 (which can do 4 x usb sim bonding).

The 700/210 combo is used but has been offered to me very cheap.

My concern is that the 700/210 combo is a few years old now and might not be as well supported as the HD2? who is using this old combo and still having great success running speed fusion etc?

My application will be streaming video from New Zealand to other parts of the world. unfortunately my house has miserably slow fibres speeds at times so I will have to find a home elsewhere with superior fibre optic speeds to house the balance 210 - so this will be a little bit irritating also.

Any advice or comparative information would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Jules

Hi Techtoon,

I would strongly advice against teh MAX 700 in a streaming solution. You will heavily depend on the USB modems and you will not be able to see the additional SIM information, plus you will have to make sure that the USB dongles have different IP’s. Often they use the cloned settings and don’t let you change the IP, leading to collisions on usages.

Feel free to contact us in our NZ branch for further information.

Cheers
Mandy

ADVANTESCO NZ
www.advantesco.co.nz

Because the MAX 700 is a really bad idea. The HD2 might be OK, depends on age and which HW version it is, but even then it likely won’t have InCOntrol2 subscription which you want it to.

I would be looking at the Transit Duo, or new HD2 MBX with newer modems for the remote and either a hosted fusionhub or an X series router if you need a physical appliance.

Speak with @Mandy she is local to you and really knows her stuff and will be able to sort you out with something much more suitable.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.