Has anyone tried the Surf SOHO G3 and theVZW Jetpack MiFi 7730L USB TETHERED yet

We’re going to buy a Surf SOHO Gen 3 very soon. We currently have an old Jetpack 5510L which supposedly can be USB tethered–EVDO Info has instructions–not sure if those apply to Gen 3. I may want to upgrade to the 7730L since most reviewers think the 7730 is the cats meow as a hotspot (3 times the speed in some areas)–but I want the secure method of a cable connecting to my laptops when on the road.
The list on Peplink is not updated yet with the 7730.
Thanks for any info,
Ron

Please open ticket for us to do driver development for any unsupported USB modem.

1 Like

It looks like you have already developed a driver–or nothing has changed in the driver requirements from the AC791L.

I just purchased a 7730L and am interested in using it with my Peplink Balance One. Is it just Plug & Play or are there configuration tricks that one needs?

I’m able to successfully connect to the Surf SOHO using the Verizon (Novatel) 7730L via USB; however, it’s still not listed on the Peplink supported modems list (https://www.peplink.com/technology/4g3g-modem-support/).

I also noticed that the latest AT&T Hotspot (Unite Explore / AC815S) is not listed.

Can you please advise on why these latest models from major carrier are not listed / if they’re being tested / when they might be added?

Thanks!

All the reports I have read–the 7730 tethers (charges & transfers data) via USB to the Pepwave Routers. The AC791L was THE Hotspot to buy until the 7730 came along in Jan. We have the SOHO Surf with an ancient 5510L teathered and it too works fine via USB.

1 Like

What firmware version and modem support version are you using with the 7730L and SOHO. Thanks in advance

I am curious on what firmware to use as well. It connects but keeps reinitializing. Using 8.0 firmware. Anyone have any success with this?

I do not know which device is reinitializing you are referring to–SOHO or 7730? I guess it doesn’t matter–because neither of mine are doing that. My SOHO is solid. Have your devices ever been stable or has this just happened? If it is recent–perhaps it is the tower/changes VZW has made.

The WiFi is off on my 7730, my Network Tech is Global. I tried changing the later when I would get disconnects and it did not make any difference.
The 7730 Software version is 3.5. Nothing you can do about that since it is updated whenever VZW decides to update it. My Config is B14.NVT.MiFi7730L.0. Using the 7730 screen I can not find any reference to Firmware nor modem support.
On my Surf SOHO my Firmware is 7.1.1. I do see 8.0 is available but I am having NO problems with what I have. Pappy once told–If it ain’t broke–don’t fix it!
On my SOHO I do not see anything about Modem Support Version.
I will tell you however, I have at times noticed disconnects from the tower in my home office. There does not seem to be a pattern–sometimes at 8am, other times at 3pm. When it happens, I typically connect my 5510 to the SOHO and I have no disconnects. It has been suggested to me that VZW may be using different frequencies that the 7730 connects to but the 5510 does not. Those particular frequencies may have problems in my area.
Disconnects has been a problem reported by other users on the one forum I belong to.
“1-3 times per day for the last few months, I’ll lose the connection.”
"display will read “No internet access”
This is what I experience,
hth

Ron

Ron
Thanks for the reply. This is a new install using a Surg Soho MK3. The 7730L has been working fine and I have teathered it directly to my laptop with no issues. I tried disabling the hotspot from running a dhcp server, when i do that it doesnt connect at all. the device has 3.5 update and my soho is on 8.0 I tried the 6.3 but that wouldnt connect either. I couldnt find any older firmware other than those two.

Did you ever get this to work? I just got a SOHO today. The 7730L keeps rebooting or reinitializing when connected. This didn’t happen on my WifiRanger. My SOHO’s firmware is 6.3.3 and the 7730L is 3.5.

@BuffaloCreek,

Please try the below items and if you still having problem to connect the USB modem, please open a support ticket for support team to check.

1. Please make sure SOHO device is running using latest firmware. Latest firmware can be downloaded using the following URL:
    https://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/

2. Please disable the WIFI AP feature for the USB modem and reconnect the USB modem to SOHO device and verify the USB WAN connection.

1 Like