The Balance ONE is a plastic case device with NO GROUNDING/BONDING SCREW! (Are you listening Peplink?)
This is completely unacceptable because:
- It is a device designed to accept STP cable (shielded RJ45 jacks).
- It is a device designed to be multi-WAN.
For both of those you have much higher propensity of experiencing differing ground potentials between all the pieces of equipment connected.
PEPLINK, PLEASE ADD AN EASY WAY TO GROUND-BOND ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT.
My Balance 30 has a ground screw and a nice metal case. What happened with the Balance ONE??
So here is how I did it myself.
- Get a shielded RJ45 male connector. Crimp it closed.
- Solder on a 14 AWG ground wire. Stranded wire is easier to solder.
- Plug into an unused LAN port at which point your connector will connect to the shielding of all the RJ45 connectors which is connected to the ground plane of the PCB inside the device.
- Connect 14AWG ground wires to your equipment rack bonding block.
- Repeat for redundancy.