Today I do a small test to see what is GRE Feature on Peplink 380 (firmware 6.2.2). I got a strange issue so I need your kindly support.
Let’s see the network diagram first.
In the above topology, the Peplink will create a GRE Tunnel to Router A via the Local Link. Peplink Wan1 detail configuration is below:
- Connection method: GRE.
- Routing mode: NAT.
- WAN: 172.16.1.1
- WAN Subnet: /24.
- WAN Default Gateway: 172.16.1.2
- Remote GRE Host: 172.16.2.2
- Tunnel Local IP Address: 192.168.1.2
- Tunnel Remote IP Address: 192.168.1.1
- Outgoing NAT IP Address: 192.168.1.2
I can see the GRE packet between Pelink and Router A but I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 on Peplink from Router A.
In addition, when I do a ping test from Peplink to 18.104.22.168, packet loss happen (image below).
Can anybody explain me how the GRE feature of Peplink work?