GPIO Menu Missing

I have a Pepwave Max BR1 Classic, and I would like to use the ignition sensing feature to detect battery voltage at a remote location. I’m using firmware 8.0.2 build 3612. According to the manual for 8.0.2, the GPIO menu should be under “Advanced”, but it’s not there. I know the analog voltage sensing feature is in the works, but the ignition sensing feature should be there.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Do I need to enable this feature somehow?

Thanks.

Andy

Hi @AndyS, welcome to the Forum.

What HW version is your BR1 Classic?

Thanks

1 Like

It’s Hardware Revision 2.

Andy

Sorry but this is only supported starting from HW revision 3. Thanks

1 Like

Will the voltage reading capability be supported soon? I would like to know when my battery is running low.

If so, I will likely invest in the newer hardware.

I now have HW Version 3, and I still cannot see a GPIO menu under Advanced. Am I doing something wrong?

Andy

@AndyS, you may want to try with 8.1.0 Beta 2 firmware?

MAX BR1 Classis HW3 with firmware 8.1.0 Beta 2:

1 Like

The pepwave max user manual for 8.0.2 includes a section on the GPIO menu, so I thought it would be in 8.0.2. A note about the new firmware would help. No worries. I will try the 8.1.0 Beta 2 firmware. Thank you.

I get an invalid firmware error. Is there a different beta firmware for the BR1 MK2?

OK I found and installed the Beta firmware for BR1 MK2 and I still don’t see the GPIO menu. I don’t see UART either.

Is there any progress on this? I am currently using the 8.1.0 Beta 2 firmware on my new BR1 MK2 and I don’t see the GPIO or UART menu options.

Is there a feature I need to activate?

May I know this is referring to BR1 MK2 Hw3?

As mentioned by @WeiMing, GPIO is supported by BR1 Classic Hw3.

1 Like