FusionHub Openvpn - How to push route to client

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed and configured a fusionhub instance on AWS ec2. I have enabled the SpeedFusion vpn for device connection and enabled openvpn for remote access management. Everything works as advertised but I was wondering if FusionHub had the ability to push local routes to clients connecting to the remote access openvpn server.

Right now, if I want to connect to devices connected to the SpeedFusion vpn then I have to manually add a route to my machine and then traffic can be routed properly. But if openvpn could push the route during initialization, that could remove a few possible manual steps like either altering the openvpn config to add the route or manually adding the route as described above.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi Leon

Have you been able to achieve this ?

No. I just added a route manually to the openvpn server which then pushes routes to its clients.

For example:

1. pepwave network: 192.168.1.0/24

Create route on openvpn server config to send a route to clients connecting to the pepwave network to send the traffic to it.
Then create an actual route on the openvpn server (not a vpn config, on the server itself) to send that traffic to the fusionhub and itll take care of the rest.

Just make sure the pepwave subnet doesnt conflict with any infrastructure networks you have and youll be good. If you are using multiple pepwaves that conflict with each other thats fine (use VRF), it just cant conflict with you vpn subnet, vpc network, on prem network, etc