Fusionhub on Ramnode?

Has anyone setup a fusionhub on ramnode.com (openstack)?

Installed a test fusionhub tonight on ramnode and it installed pretty easily and seems to be working well so far.

For my first test I’m getting 35/13 mbps and CPU is at 32% - have to test more to see how performance is compared to upcloud/vultr, but they had a location that I wanted.

I signed up for the $6/month 2-core 2TB bandwidth standard VPS

Then under images I created a new image with the source being
http://download.peplink.com/firmware/fusionhub/fusionhub-8.0.1-build1644.raw

Then I created a new instance selecting this image for the source

Booted up first try.

Changed admin pw immediately

I logged into incontrol, went to licenses & warranties, and got the fusionhub license key and input to the fusionhub.

Setup with setup wizard defaults, changed dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Then in cloud control panel I created a new security group with firewall rules and assigned the security group to the instance.

1 Like

Pros:
very easy to setup
I think ramnode’s network may be “cleaner” than vultrs as I’ve had to block some bad traffic from usercontent.vultr.com in the last few years.

Cons:
not as fast as vultr.
Testing openvpn over starlink to the fusionhub for a very quick test, ramnode got 35 mbps while vultr got 64 mbps. Unsure why there is such a difference, as the speed to a raw linux vps at ramnode is good, and the cpu utilization was not high, but my first fusionhub seems a little slow.
For some reason, speedtest.net shows my location as kansas which is incorrect… vultr shows correct location.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing what you’ve found :smiley: