FusionHub on Multiple Servers?

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to work out whether I’m allowed to install FusionHub on more than 1 cloud, and alternate between them?

At the moment I am using ElasticHosts in Hong Kong, which results in all my traffic looking as if it originates in Hong Kong.

Therefore it makes sense that if I were to connect to a FusionHub in the UK, it would appear to everyone as if I were in the UK. This would allow me to use Netflix, iPlayer etc. without needing to set up a separate VPN connection.

However, because it is recommended that we use a server as close to our real location as possible, and because I’m based in Thailand, I would normally want to use the Hong Kong server.

If anyone knows the answer to this question, please let me know. Thank you!

You are not restricted to a single cloud.
You would need a second FH license for the second server though.
Ideal situation would be to have two SpeedFusion connections from your device in Thailand. One to Hong Kong and another to London (elastic hosts operate there and I have used it)
Then use your out-bond policies to direct the traffic to local, Hong Kong or London. Could be done by IP address, MAC address, protocol, port etc

Thank you very much for your response, and for clarifying that I would need a separate FusionHub license for each cloud on which it were installed.

I had hoped that the license allowed multiple cloud installations, as long as one kept within the total ‘connections’ permitted under the license. Never mind.

Thanks also for your suggestions on outbound policies. These tie in very well with what I had in mind, which was very reassuring! :slight_smile: