FusionHub Capabilities in the CLOUD

This is a beta feature, you can find it here

thanks, Kenny .

Do you have an ETA on when the official version will be released?

thanks

It will include in next major release, Q1-2017

Thank you Kenny .

Dear Florent, dear Peplink team,

thank you for sharing your setup here. Very cool.

We basically do have the same in mind. However we have in mind using mainly HD2 or HD4 for mobile project groups, who work worldwide and have to access our infrastucture in either our EUROPEAN or ASIAN Datacenter. Both of our datacenters are set up itentically and are completely moved to the AMAZON CLOUD.

Users in our offices in Shanghai can access the same type (not identical) servers and services in the Asian Datacenters as our UK users do access in our London located datacenter. Both Datacenter locations are replicated on those services where necessary.

We do this, in order to keep the latency low, as users from China do have big headache in accessing the London datacenter as due to the high latency over the internet. As we work in construction - low latency with CAD data is mission critical.

Is there a possibility to dynamically assign mobile remotes to the Speed Fusion Hub with the lowest latency ? So each remote group automatically accesses the nearest cloud servers ?

Is there a possibility to permanent manually override such a decission if necessary ? Which could become necessary, as sometimes latency is not all - but total available bandwith is aslo important.

I mean it would be a real argument for us to move all to Peplink and Speed Fusion Hub, as we really do have about 140 project teams worldwide and administrating this manually could become a pretty nightmare.

If this works we even could consider to open Speed Fusion Cloud datacenters in also other locations worldwide which would give users a dramtically better work experiance.

Mark Brandis

Hi Mark,
I have configured automatic geoip based SpeedFusion for customers in the past with similar network typologies as yours by using GEO DNS routing.
I used a third party DNS provider that supported GEO DNS routing then in the remote device configuration used a DNS name instead of an IP for the Fusionhub.

That way a device configured with fusionhub.mycompany.com would get the nearest (and so hopefully lowest latency) Fusionhub to them and if I wanted to change where they were connecting I could just edit their VPN profile on their device and enter the IP of the fusionhub I wanted to force them to connect to.

Additional benefits of using DNS instead of IP in the remote address portion of the profile is obviously for redundancy too, so if I moved a Fusionhub to a different server, datacenter or if I needed to change its IP for whatever reason, the remote devices could continue to connect (once DNS had propagated).