FusionHub behind a Balance 380

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I’m working on setting up FusionHub behind a Balance 380 for testing purposes and am running into an issue. I have a 380 with a WAN IP of 1.1.1.1 and a LAN IP of 2.2.2.1. There is a computer running FusionHub at 2.2.2.2. I have a Max w/SpeedFusion that I am trying to connect to FusionHub (from an external address). I’ve attempted a custom data port of 4501 on both sides, and tried to port forward traffic from the 380 at port 4501 to 2.2.2.1 without luck.

Im sure there is something simple I am missing but I can’t nail it down yet. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi Kevin

In SpeedFusion/PepVPN, it uses TCP port 32015 for establishing the tunnel and UDP port 4500 for data transfer. In your configuration, although port forwarding has been set for the data port (4501), the TCP port is still using port 32015 and all incoming tunnel establishing requests are terminated at B380 instead of FusionHub. As a result, the SF connection to FusionHub behind B380 cannot be setup.

For testing purpose, you may first disable SF profiles in B380, and then forward TCP port 32015 and UDP port 4500 to FusionHub at 2.2.2.2.

Kenneth,

Thank you for the very detailed explanation and the photo to go along with this as well. I completely forgot about the TCP port requirements of SpeedFusion. As always, your technical help is fantastic! Seeing as we can change the UDP port, but not the TCP port, is changing the TCP port possible in the future? One use case would be multiple machines running separate instances of FusionHub behind one firewall, and traffic needs to be routed properly.

Thanks again for the great reply!

Hi Kevin, yes we will have this changing TCP port feature in coming firmware release both on client devices (per PepVPN profile) and FusionHub (network port setting)

Is it possible to test and install FusionHub on VMWare Player oder better on HyperV. We do not have an ESX Infrastructure? I have installed the FusionHub successful on VMWare Player but the License Activation will not work?

The support for VMware Player is available since beta 2.

In Microsoft Hyper-V’s VM, the standard network interface driver is Microsoft proprietary and the legacy driver is outdated Realtek driver(only capped at 100Mbps). Therefore, the use of Hyper-V is not recommended.

On the other hand, we have tested other VM platforms, e.g. Oralce’s VirtualBox, Xenserver VM, where FusionHub can be setup easily. We will update the FusionHub evaluation guide to include VirtualBox and Xenserver.