FusionHub Appliance using Cloud based Server that doesn't block Netflix

Hi All,

I am currently looking into a cloud based server that won’t block any traffic from stream services based on region or VPN.
I am taking into consideration of deploying my own FusionHub Servers on a local database near me, but I rather have it all on Cloud Based Servers.

Does anyone of you know such service?

Thank you all in advance.

My understanding is that UpCloud and Vultr both provide platforms where there is no traffic block (though port 25 has to be explicitly turned on for UpCloud servers - which is of no concern for your case).

However Netflix (and presumably other streaming services) may have blocks depending on their perception that a virtual server could be a DRM-avoiding VPN hub. Thus a Vultr instance in Chicago may allow streaming services (it would :slight_smile: ), Netflix may not allow streaming to the IP address of a FusionHub server hosted on that platform.

1 Like

Hey Zegor,

Thank you for your help. I just deployed it with Vultr and it works very well. I am currently streaming from VULTR Amsterdam and no sign of traffic block.

Incredible what you can do these days!

2 Likes

My FusionHub instance has just stopped playing ball in the last few weeks, I assume Netflix have caught up with Vultr. Any ideas going forward??

Hi, not quite sure how these rules will help me out when attempting to access US Netflix whilst outside the US?

Hi,

nobody can give you an answer, I think. Netflix and all others are blocking Datacenter-IPs, because they dont want the VPN possibility.
Sometimes a Datacenter will work and an other not. So you have to try it.

To be 100% safe, you can use you home-DSL with a Peplink router to connect e.g. your caravan with PepVPN. Than you don’t run into a problem.

Regards
Dennis

2 Likes

I have this same issue with Vultr Chicago/Georgia location with Netflix. I have to connect my TV directly to one of the other connections but then I lose Plex features.

Would be great to start a list of which providers work and which don’t.

It is based on how a service provider (like Netflix) classifies an individual or block of public IP addresses.
One of they ways they do this is by ASIN numbers to figure out who owns what IP addresses and what they are been used for.

Also, If you do a quick google of “AWS IP Address Blocks”, the first result is how to view AWS current IP Address ranges - AWS IP address ranges - Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
This would make it very easy for Netflix to keep an up to date database of IP addresses to block.

Netflix might also block an IP address if they see unusual activity originating from that IP address.

3 Likes