FusionHub AMI no longer available in AWS?

Just got an email:

Curious why this was removed? It was super handy to spin up something really quickly in a new/customer’s AWS environment without building security groups (which is somewhat tedious) among other things.

2 Likes

We’re seeing other reports of this as well and would love to know more. Hoping the Peplink team can share some insight.

1 Like

I’ve just recieved the same email. Is it going end of life? What is going to replace it? Not only do i use my fusion hub instance for aggregation, but it is also a proxy server for UK streaming content when i’m abroad. Also linked directly to AWS storage servers for some customers requiring offsite backups.

1 Like

AWS won’t remove existing instances, so no worries there.

1 Like

I need to deploy a couple fusionhub instances. This is a problem. What does support have to say?

I’m hoping this is just to update the AMI in the catalog, as the previous one was based on 8.0.1.

1 Like

I’m also going to throw in here, if the FusionHub AMI was going to be permanently removed from AWS, this would be a serious matter that should have been communicated to partners beforehand, and there has been no communication.

1 Like

Guys, sorry for the late response…

We are aware (and being notified) that the FusionHub is missing from AWS Marketplace, and we have contacted the AWS representative since then. However, the resolution time seems longer than we expected. Our team is following up on the case closely with the AWS team to have this solved soonest possible.

An announcement has just been published here, with a workaround option.

2 Likes