Fusionhub added support for OSPF and BGP

As per the Balance series devices, would be great if the Fusionhubs supported OSPF and BGP peering with devices outside of the Speedfusion environment, ie: devices behind the Fusionhub, other routers which could peer with OSPF/BGP to advertise and learn routes.

3 Likes

Hi, this is on feature list and we will review it later. Stay tuned.

4 Likes

Thanks Kenny, will be good to see it in the feature set, we’ve had two requests in the last two months for peering a Fusionhub with other network kit on OSPF or BGP (customers weren’t fussed on which as could do either)

1 Like

+1 here.
would be very nice as got few customers asking for the same.

1 Like

Just installed a fusionhub and was looking voor ospf routing. I want to redistribute remote routes when VPN is connected. Now I have do static routing. Hope thos feature will come soon.

1 Like

+1 We are also looking for this feature to become more flexible on deployments.

1 Like

+1 - needed for at least 2 customers.

+1 One of our customer is waiting for this feature !

Hi Kenny
Is there any more news about this feature. We have a customer who is requesting this functionality (BGP) before they can use fusionhub in an Azure deployment.

Special builds gratefully recieved :slight_smile:

Thanks
James

3 Likes

+1 for BGP

+1 for BGP - this may actually be the determining factor in our decision to replace all of our ambulance gateways with Peplink (over 1000 of them)

We are working on this feature. This feature will not in upcoming 8.1.0 but most likely in the next one (8.1.1?). You may use this pre-release firmware for PoC:

https://download.peplink.com/firmware/fusionhub/fw-fusionhub-8.0.2s068-build1671.bin

Known issue:

1. When choosing interface, “Untagged LAN” will show up in FusionHub with “WAN” interface only. In tihs case, please choose “WAN” and do not choose “LAN”.
    This is not a problem if your FusionHub has both “LAN” and “WAN”.

1. This is pre-release firmware, we do not guarantee the configuration is compatible with GA firmware, you may need to reconfigure BGP/OSPF settings when upgrade to GA firmware.

Feedback is welcome.

3 Likes

We used this feature and it worked great for us. OSPF advertised exactly like it should. I would like to add that in order in some of our enterprise customers we have redundant cores and would like to have TWO LAN interfaces with OSPF enabled on both so that interface one can be connected to Core 1 and inerface 2 can be connected to core 2. The WAN worked perfectly in our testing. For us, just being able to assign an IP to the interface is good enough.

2 Likes

BGP is working great here for us on 8.0.2s068 build 1671.

Can a pre-release be built with BGP enabled using the latest public release of 8.1.2 build 5005?

I have deployed several FusionHub in various cloud, when would it be possible to have OSPF/BGP on LAN interface? Working with static routes tend to be annoying.

BGP on the LAN works for us in fusion hub build 8.0.2s068 build 1671.

Advertise OSPF Route is enabled in BGP configuration.

Routes published via BGP on the private LAN with our cloud host get pushed down to the speedfusion clients via OSPF

My use case is that I have another virtual machine running on the same LAN as fusion hub using an openvpn client to connect to a remote network that publishes several routes. Those routes are published via BGP on the openvpn client machine to the LAN. Fusion hub gets those routes via BPG and then forwards them over OSPF to the connected speedfusion clients.

Engineering team is working on the priority tasks at the moment and targets to revisit this feature availability in the next major firmware. We shall share the latest information when there is an update.

1 Like

big plus one from me as well. been waiting for this for a long time