Fusion HUB - Not able to access internal network

Hello guys, how are you?First of all, thank you very much for making FusionHUB available to VMware Player.

I’m having a little issue, I’ve set up the FusionHUB perfectly, like the tutorial says. Registered and could access web admin.

I’ve also been able to setup a PepVPN with SpeedFusion with a MAX-OTG, I got connection Established.

But I’m not been able to access nothing that is in the internal network. I got a video streaming server running on the same machine as FusionHUB. But somehow, even after enabling**“SpeedFusion Peers Access Internal Network”**
I can’t access it, I can’t even ping it, from the MAX-OTG.

On the MAX-OTG I can ping the FusionHub server (on 192.168.1.46)
but I can’t ping or access any other machine on the same network (192.168.1.x)

I’m running Windows 7 and firewall is completely off.

Do you guys know what I’m doing wrong?

Another question I have is about the “Dynamic DNS Service Provider” I’m behind a ever-changing IP connection, and today on I use no-ip.org how could I get that on Fusionhub?

Thank you.

Hi Pedro

We think the “ping” request can reach the other machine, i.e. video server, on the same network as FusionHub (you may turn on wireshark / tcpdump in the video server to confirm this). However, there is missing return route from the machine back to FusionHub, and this caused the “ping” reply can’t be returned. So, please add a static return route in the machine.

In Windows, the command is “route add <MOTG LAN’s network> <MOTG LAN’s netmask> <FusionHub’s local IP>”.

Example command: > route add 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.46 (assuming MOTG LAN’s network is 192.168.2.x)

1 Like

Hi Pedro

About your second question, since FusionHub is behind a front-end WAN router, it needs the WAN router to support dynamic DNS.

1 Like

Hello Kenneth, thank you for your reply.
When I try the “add route” I keep getting “bad argument 192.168.1.46”
I’ve tried this on both ends, video server(the same machine which is running Fusionhub) and the client machine (connected to the MAX-OTG)
Any idea on that?

Forget what I said, I got it to work!
Just one question will I need to add this route every time I reboot, right? is there a way to make it permanent?
thank you.

Hi Pedro

Seems it is network config issue. BTW would you please advise:

1. remote subnet at MAX-OTG, e.g. 192.168.2.x?
  2. your video server (machine running FusionHub)'s IP, e.g. 192.168.1.y?
  3. your router’s WAN IP and LAN IP (192.168.1.z?)
1 Like

Hi Pedro, I’m glad to hear that it works finally :slight_smile:

To make it persistent across boots, add a “-p” argument at the end of the command, e.g. route add 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.46 -p

1 Like

Hello Kenneth, I just got it to work.
I did:

route -p add 192.168.20.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.46

Now everything is working!
Thank you for your help.

Hi Pedro

If network access is always made from remote (MOTG) to Video Server side, there is another simpler way to make this work without manually adding route. You can just check the “NAT” mode in PepVPN profile at FusionHub (see below)

1 Like

Thank you Kenneth, I’ll try that.
I have another question:

The computer I’m running the FusionHUB has 2 ethernet cards, with your help now I can access the internal network, but could I use the second card to share connection and SF capabilities to another computer?

In Fusionhub PDF there is something about it, but I’m using VMware Player, I believe the setup is different for it.

What is the best way to do that? I was thinking about to simply enable windows internet connection share from the first ethernet card to the second. Is that the best way?

Hi Pedro, both VMware Workstation and VMware Player can support using 2nd network card as a “LAN” interface (the 1st is WAN).

VMware Workstation’s 2nd NIC support is built-in and can be done by only a few configuration steps. However, VMware Player’s 2nd NIC support requires a few tricks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you enlighten me? :slight_smile:

Hi Petro, we are now preparing the guide to help you and others. It will be ready very soon.

1 Like

Hi Petro, for the user guide, we need some more days to prepare. BTW, the following steps can be used to configure “VMware Workstation” with the 2nd NIC for LAN access.

1. Open VMware Workstation’s “Virtual Network Editior”

1. Disable “auto-bridging” for VMnet0, and select a physical interface from the list of NICs for VMnet0

2. Add a new “Network”, e.g. VMnet2.

1. Configure the VMnet2 with “Bridged” mode, and select the other physical interface for VMnet2

2. Open VM’s “Edit virtual machine settings”

1. Configure the existing “Network Adapter” to use “Custom” and with “VMnet0(Bridged)”

2. Use “Add Hardware Wizard” to add a new “Network Adapter”

1. In the Network Adapter Type setting, select “Custom” and with “VMnet2(Bridged)” and check “Connect at power on”.

2. Once the above are done, start the VM and you will see two "Port"s are shown in FusionHub’s Network Port setting. You can now use one port for WAN and one port for LAN

1 Like

For VMware Player, the problem is…there is no “Virtual Network Editor” :frowning:

So, the tricks are described in the following links:

1. http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/5137-how-add-virtual-network-editor-vmware-player-2.html#post275406

2. Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

1 Like

Hi,

I have purchased MOTG with speed fusion, i dont have a second unit currently so can i test it with Fusion Hub? If yes how do i get access to Evaluation version of Fusion Hub?

Secondly if i am deploying Speed Fusion Bonding for Video Uploads from the field, and i have say 300 KBPS upload each at all four data cards then will i be able to transfer say approx 1 MBPS of Video Feed to by Head office? What other options are available with Max OTG to improve video transfer efficiency, we will be deploying RTMP protocol to transfer videos.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi Rafat,
Yes, you may obtain the eval copy of the FusionHub and setup guide from this URL, http://download.peplink.com/resources/fusionhub_eval_guide.pdf.

If your Max OTG is MAX-OTG-U4-SF, then you can configure SpeedFusion Bonding to combine the 4 data cards (cellular) to single logical with bigger bandwidth. However, the bonding bandwidth will be very much depend on the cellular quality. You may refer more information on our SpeedFusion VPN technologies by visiting the URL, Peplink | Pepwave - Forum, or visit http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/tag/speedfusion/ for more SpeedFusion information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Wei-Ming

1 Like

Hi Wei-Ming,

Thanks for your reply.

MOTG bonds upto 4 cellular cards. If we want to bond more than 4 cellular cards can we have 2 MOTG working in tandem with one of them acting as a WAN input for the second one through its LAN port?

What suggestions do you have for such a scenario? Will it work and how to achieve this?

Best Regards

Rafat

Hi Rafat,
I believe you are looking at possibility to cascade 2 MOTG, so you can connect up to maximum of 8 cellular cards, and combine these links into single SpeedFusion Bonding VPN tunnel.

So, physically I am assuming MOTG #1 will hook up 4 cellular cards, and it’s LAN port will connect to MOTG #2 WAN 5, and MOTG #2 also connected with 4 cellular cards, as illustrated below.

If the requirement is outbound load balancing, this should be working. But if you need to establish single SpeedFusion Bonded VPN tunnel from MOTG #2 to FusionHub (with total 8 cellular cards bandwidth) as shown in above diagram, that would need some exploration.

One more thing to clarify, your intention is to combine as much cellular cards as possible (in this case would be 8) so you can have bigger upload bandwidth for the video streaming traffic. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks and regards,
Wei-Ming

1 Like

Hi,

Actually we need to establish single Speed Fusion Bonded VPN Tunnel from MOTG #2 to Fusion Hub (With Total 8 Cellular Cards Bandwidth).

Yes we need to combine and aggregate as many cellular cards as possible as we need bigger upload bandwidth for Video Streaming traffic.

Please suggest the best way to achieve this

Thanks

Rafat