Fix the radio to cause greater frequency isolation or fix the firmware

I reboot my hardware on a weekly basis and still several times per week the Surf shuts down and does an auto reboot. I have worked with support on this several years ago and the problem seems to be a reduced Signal to Noise ratio. Peplink does not seem to have a solution for my SOHO Surf MKK3.

So my ask is for more uptime reliability.

Thanks.

S/N ratio on wi-fi? That would never cause a reboot of the router.

Well if that isn’t it something else is causing it to reboot several times per week. This apparently is a known issue in SOHOs. I did just change the 5 GHz channel to 20 as suggested in another thread. Will see if that decreases the number of reboots. As I said I have worked with support on this and their resolution was changing the channels (done) and isolating the frequencies to different devices (done). I bridge an AP One AC Mini for the 2.4 GHz and still the SOHO reboots by itself several times/week outside of the scheduled reboots.

This is a followup. I did set the 5GHz channel width to 20MHz and my SOHO has been up consistently. I may even consider taking it off the regular weekly reboots because it has been up so consistently. Thanks.

1 Like