Firmware pending update but never updates

Hello,

I’m trying to update my fleet of devices through InControl. I have multiple groups all set to follow organization firmware policy. I scheduled an update at the organization level for all devices at 9/20 0300 this morning, and I saw all the pending updates show up below and on the device pages themselves.

However, come this morning nothing has updated and I still see the pending update scheduled for 9/20 0300.

I’m curious what I might be doing wrong or if anyone has any ideas? Immediate updates seem to work but scheduled do not. Thanks!

I’ve seen something like this when needing an incremental firmware update in between current level and version you’re trying to push out. As an example I believe you need to be at 8.2.1 before going to 8.3 so if you try to push the 8.3 update to models with a version prior to 8.2.1 they don’t update.

I’ve also seen this in the local GUI and you choose to “check for updates” and it finds the latest version. If not at the 8.21 the latest update version fails but doesn’t say why.

Something to check.

That could be it. Many of these devices needing updates are sitting around 8.0 and 8.1. I’ll give that a shot and let you know. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sounds good, I think the info is in the firmware notes on the firmware page.
On the older devices you need to be at 7.12 before you can go to version 8.21 and then to 8.3.