Firmware 8.4.1 RC 2

We are pleased to announce that Firmware 8.4.1 RC 2 is now available

Download the Firmware

Download the Release Notes

SIM Injector Firmwware

Router API Documentation

SMS Control Command Reference

2 Likes

I think this needs to be added to 8.4.1 fw before final release.

Please add to the event log date/timestamp of activation/expiration of PrimeCare.
Add to the device dashboard Expiry date of PrimeCare similar to SpeedFusion Cloud.
I’m not sure if this is already the case, but please consider the following.
If any features are deactivated when primecare or wan failover license expires please add to the event log.
Wan disabled, wan failover trial expired.
Wan disabled, primecare expired.
Vwan disabled, primecare expired.

We have MSP’s that forget to renew the licenses, and we want to be able to support them better.

9 Likes

Hello @Lai,
Please add the release notes for the “SIM Injector Firmware” and create a separate post/thread for this firmware.
PS The URL supplied is not valid; it needs to be HTTPS (missing the “s”)
https://download.peplink.com/firmware/rsimserver/fw_rsimServer_2_1.1.133.bin
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried this release on my Max Transit Duo Pro. On the main Dashboard it says:

“RemoteSIM component is incompatible to the firmware, please contact distributor for support”

My T-Mobile, AT&T, and WiFi WAN connections are established, but my Verizon SIM is stuck on “Obtaining IP Address”.

Hmm, just as I was about to downgrade the firmware, I see Verizon is now connected. Took about 5 minutes or more to get there. Still have the “RemoteSIM” message, though.

Also, this is not new to 8.4.1 for me, but why is it that when I have InControl2 enabled and then I use the dashboard to move a Priority 1 connection to a lower priority, it automatically jumps back to Priority 1 a few seconds later?!!

@John_Hess ,

Can you please open a ticket for support team member to take a look ?

• RemoteSIM component message
  • WAN Priority issue

You can create a ticket here :
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like