Firmware 8.4.0 RC 3

We are pleased to announce that Firmware 8.4.0 RC 3 is now available.

Download the Firmware

Download the Release Notes

SMS Control Command Reference

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.4.0

2 Likes

Hi Peplink Team,

We seem to missing a RC2 fix in the release notes in RC3:
[RC 2] [System] Fixed a rare system instability issue that was causing system reboots
Reference number: 30938.
Is this issue not relevant or is it fix not working any more and is this issue still possible?

Also we seem to have a fix in RC3 that was not mentioned in RC2 release notes:
[RC 2] [SDX with Cellular Module] Fixed issue where SDX HW1/HW2 with FlexModule Plus cellular modules could remain in “Initializating…” state when using internal SIM or SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE.
Reference number: 30956

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Joey

1 Like

RC3 appears to have the same build number as RC2 for the BR1 Pro 5G and PR2 Pro 5G. I upgraded both and both still display 8.4.0 build 5384. Both RC2 and RC3 files appear to be the same size…

It should be fixed. Please go the the Beta firmware download page and download again.

Perfect. Build 5391 installed and running. Thanks!

Also for Balance Two only RC2 is downloadable (5730).

1 Like

Band selection has been fixed in RC3!

[RC 3] [Synergy Mode] Synergized devices are now
upgraded automatically one by one to match the
Synergy Controller’s firmware version

What are the conditions for this “automatic” upgrade to take place? My SC and SD have different base hardware and use different builds for the F/W. After upgrading my SC to RC3 my SD did not upgrade and I had to upgrade it manually (I did wait for 12 hours). I’m guessing because it didn’t differentiate between RC3 and RC2…

Hi,

I installed version 8.4 RC3 but my transit maw duo is not regognizing the starlink it just shows WAN. Tried in normal mode and bridging the starlink

Is there a setting I should be aware of?

Look under Network then WAN

you will find your magic Starlink setting there to enable the monitoring, enjoy!

1 Like

Is anyone aware of how to get the EID from your Cellular modem after upgrading to 8.4 in order to activate BYO-ESIM on your carrier? Thank you

2 Likes

Can someone advise if this release (or any of the other 8.4.0 betas) restores auto-refresh/update of the Logical Health Check Info on the support page? Ever since going to 8.3.0, I’ve had to reload the page to get the current pass/fail numbers, and it’s super frustrating!!

Ok thanks

It is not available for now.
You can only load the activation string in incontrol.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Thanks, but can’t seem to find it

What transit version do you have?

it’s only supported on the Pro and Pro E

1 Like

We have a Max BR1 Pro 5G and a SFC-RELAY and when upgraded to RC4 the Client will not start. I reboot the Relay device and reloaded the configuration from 8.3. I have deleted the Relay settings and re-entered all the settings. I rebooted back to 8.3 and it worked again. Is there an upgrade for the Relay device?

Not sure what you are asking.

I have the Max BR1 Pro 5G router and the SpeedFusion Connect Relay hardware device. It works great on Max BR1 Pro 5G using firmware 8.3 but doesn’t work on 8.4RC4. I have been using for about 6 months without any problems.

Same here as @Jacob_Neulight
EID whereabouts

Same here, any updates?