Firmware 8.3.0 RC 1

The display bugs I’m experiencing while editing my AP Profile Settings on my MAX BR2 Pro are being caused by a browser add-on. Updating the settings with no browser add-ons enabled works fine. It’s only happening on my MAX BR2 Pro and not my MAX Transit Duo Pro E and that’s why I thought it was a bug.

1 Like

@Cable17 The issues editing AP profile are because of the Lastpass addon. If you disable that it works correctly.

2 Likes

@mbmike29 and @Cable17: Agreed – and good observation. LastPass recently revised their add-on/Extension and it is a mess. The damage/issues it has caused is not limited to Peplink devices. Some of the issues can be mitigated by adjusting the settings.

2 Likes

@Rick-DC and @mbmike29, thanks for pointing that out. It does fix my issue #2.

However, issues 1 and 3 still remain. at that moment if I do switch back to RC1. I have not had a chance to swap out the 310X for another device and factory reboot it to see if these issues carry over.

@mbmike29 - are your devices still reporting as offline in IC2 when on this FW?

2 Likes

@Cable17 Yes, and via my open ticket on my remaining issues it has been accepted as a new bug.

3 Likes

Hello @Lai & Peplink team,
PLEASE remove the Content Filtering option in the next Beta & future release unless Peplink is going to start actively supporting the updates to this again with an improved frequency and means of reporting/fixing false positives.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, Marcus.
we are facing traffic slowdown having it activated and user complaints on slow web browsing especially since iOS 16 on Apple mobile devices and iPads

1 Like

I might mention that 8.3.0RC1 appears to resolve one issue not reported in the Release Notes. We had a problem upgrading the modem FW on a MAX Transit CAT18, MAX-TST-GLTE-G-T-PRM. WIth FW 8.2.1 the result was repeatedly “failed.” Once the router was updated to 8.3.0RC1 the procedure succeeded.

This is an issue similar to that which is reported in Reference 29206 in the Release Notes but with a very different device (CAT18 LTEA vs LTE.) Nice work, Peplink! :<)

3 Likes

Is Dynamic Weighted Bonding suppose to be available to all models on 8.3?
I’m testing a br1 mini Hw2 and I went to support.cgi to activate it , but I don’t see a traffic distibution option?

1 Like

Enjoying the new virtual vlan WAN interface and it’s working great. Please consider adding it as a target to the “Least Used” outbound policy algorithm. Thank you!

1 Like

@ckirch @mldowling ,

We will have the content DB update for the devices targeted in 1 to 2 weeks times. Thank you for raising the concerns.

2 Likes

The MAX BR1 Mini (HW1-3) supports SpeedFusion Hot Failover and WAN Smoothing upon feature activation, while Bonding (and DWB) is part of the features available on the higher-end models, eg. MAX BR1 Pro-5G.

You may check out the MAX BR1 Mini specifications here or from the datasheet.

1 Like

I Totally Agree.

1 Like

Seems like there is a mistake on the product support list as our Balance 210 HW4 not listed !

Thanks

1 Like

If on speedfusion the traffic distibution is always bonding, why can’t we get DWB added to all devices that only support wan smoothing(bonding with more then one wan same priority level)

I thought DWB was suppose to be better and replace the standard bonding method, especially on cellular links.

Also on a 20x with 8.3.0b2 under traffic distribution it repeats the help items over and over again.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Pitts , Sorry for this. Let us fix this ASAP.

For the suggested PepVPN “traffic distribution” for the WAN Smoothing supported only device , Engineering team will review and check whether it will benefit for that.

1 Like

Thanks,

Also fix the misspelling on this screen.

1 Like

Noted and will check this as well.

1 Like

I updated a balance 20x (HW 3) to this release (build 5289) and it no longer included the VDSL WAN in the list of WAN connections, with no obvious way to add it back in.

It was still detecting the VDSL module, and its serial number showed up but it was not in the list of WAN links.

1 Like

@bryn.loftus ,

Can you please open a ticket to allow support team to check ?

1 Like