Firmware 8.1.3 Now in GA

@ckirch, may I know the rest of the LAN devices are working fine in 8.1.3?

1 Like

@TK_Liew : Only issue is with port 1. All other local attached devices are no devolo devices and are working good.

No IP-address conflict as far as I can see. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi. That’s not where I was going with my question. I’m wondering if that device is pingable from another port. And, have you tried switching ports to see if it is a “port issue?”

1 Like

Sorry, seems contrary to my first tests now to be a problem of the hardware on port 1. I noticed that the port error with the older firmware 812 now also occurs after several additional testing.
Please excuse the circumstances. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi @ckirch . Nothing to excuse! ;<) I was just trying to lead you through a couple of the troubleshooting steps that have been fruitful for us in the past. Ports don’t die very often – but it can happen. I don’t have a Balance One available to look at at the moment and I can’t recall if port settings are available on that model. If so, that would also be a worthwhile check.

Regardless – glad you got it figured out!

2 Likes

does anyone with a MBX HD2 5G have an an idea what firmware is best and if so please share

@jcaruso6, HD2/4 MBX 5G version share the same firmware image as the HD2/4 MBX LTE version. :wink:

HD2/4 MBX firmware 8.1.3 download link.

1 Like

tried it im not able to get 5g with tmobile and my at&t sims are coming up as tmobile as the carrier

Balance 380 HW6 running 8.1.3 has high fan load because there seems to be °C/°F misunderstanding in different parts of the code (aka NASA Mars Mission failure).

From the log:
Sep 29 06:20:20System: High system temperature (86.5 °C / 187.7 °F)
Sep 29 06:19:20System: High system temperature (86.5 °C / 187.7 °F)
Sep 29 06:18:20System: High system temperature (86.0 °C / 186.8 °F)

At the the dashboard:
Fan Speed: 17000 rpm
Temperature: 32.0 °C / 89.6 °F

Running these fans full tilt is likely not so good for the durability of them.
I do not know when that feature was introduced, but where should one find previous builds of that firmware?

@Ivo_S_rak This looks strange as our lab does not exhibit similar behavior, can you check if your fan speed setting is set to Auto or High? You may refer to the path below to enter into the support.cgi page.

http:// IP of your device /cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi

Alternatively, you may open a support ticket in order for us to take a closer look for you.

1 Like

As I am still facing auto negotiation problems with LAN port 1 and Devolo Magic 2 LAN DINrail PowerLAN-device with current GA FW version 8.1.3 b5172, I now filed a support ticket (#21100043)