Firmware 8.1.2 Beta 1

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.1.2 Beta 1 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, FusionHub, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

2 Likes

Any takers? Any reports? Unusually quiet for 11 days post-announcement.

1 Like

Tested on a few devices without issue, but waiting for more new features before I deploy more.

3 Likes

FWIW, I installed it here shortly after release. Seems stable thus far.

1 Like

Any details on this feature?

[Beta 1] [System] Added support for Service Provider
Configuration via DHCP Option
All Models

Not sure what this means.

1 Like

Hi Venn
This is a feature which allows for InControl2 configuration via the LAN ethernet port.
It is to help bulk configuration of devices especially ones without an active WAN ethernet port such as the BR1 Mini.
More details on how this works will follow.
If you have a bulk deployment of these devices and would like to use this feature, please reach out and we can provide you with some instructions.

2 Likes

I’m looking into this option in case of device being disconnected from InControl caused by production issues.

Please send some info.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi PG
I’ve sent you an email

1 Like

I did notice the entry about 20x and memory leaks, but i’m still waiting on my replacement 20x to try it.

1 Like

Another lull, which either implies life is good or folks are ignoring this beta…so bumping it in case the latter.

This beta has been very stable for me. No issues.

I would encourage others to try it so Peplink gets extra telemetry & bug reports :grinning:

I’m running 8.1.2b01 build 5014 on a 20X HW1 (BPL-021X-LTE-US-T-PRM). Everything is running as expected with one exception. Configuring the router through InControl2 works well, but there seems to be a bug that prevents logging into the web interface. HTTP is OK. HTTPS is not. It appears as if there is an infinite loop of connection attempts and connection resets.

Other than the MTU inside the tunnel being lower than I’d expect for WAN MTU - SF overhead it seems to be working fine (Also I tried various stable releases and get the same thing)

SF MTU is auto calculated by taking the WAN with the lowest MTU and then subtracting the SF packet header (Lowest WAN MTU - 80 = SF MTU). You should take a look at the MTU of ALL the WANs on each side of the tunnel to see if one is set too low.

1 Like

Lowest MTU is 1492 (1500 - PPPoE header) so MTU inside the tunnel should be around 1412 yet 1328 + Headers is the largest IPv4 packet I seem to be able to send.