Firmware 8.1.0 RC 2

Hello @TK_Liew & @sitloongs,
Please see ticket 20070677 and please add @Venn into the ticket for us.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Has the admin interface always been inaccessible when a device is under high load / bandwidth? I have a MK2 and every time I run a speedtest, I cannot use the web interface of the MK2. The moment the speedtest is done, its accessible again. Bandwidth only 15mbps…

@mystery, probably this is caused by the connection between your laptop and MK2. Are you connecting the laptop directly to the LAN port of the MK2?

1 Like

The device is connected via WiFi to a separate indoor Access Point. I even tried running the speed test and trying to access the Peplink admin panel from a separate device and it freezes up, as I have described. I do see the CPU spike before it locks up but surprised it goes under 100% load with a 10-15mbps download. Is it by design that priority is given to the data stream data download to the client device and admin panel takes a lessor priority? Or should the admin panel keep working during high load? I can see risk being a type of attack that simply involves downloading data and prevents an Admin from accessing the device Admin, kind of a DoS type of attack…

@mystery, can I confrm the speed test is going through the SpeedFusion Cloud?

1 Like

It was going through Speedfusion Smoothed tunnel to a Fushionhub Solo

@mystery, the SpeedFusion throughput for BR1 MK2 is 20Mbps. Please refer to the specification here - https://www.peplink.com/products/max-single-cellular-br1-mk2-router/#product-overview

It looks like reaching the SpeedFusion throughput limit.

1 Like

ok so its normal for the admin panel to become inaccessible when the max throughput is being reached?

@mystery, when the SpeedFusion throughput reached the hardware limit, the CPU will spikes to 100%. This shows that the MK2 is busy to process the traffics. Based on our experience, the device still route the traffic as usual but take time to respond the web admin request. This rarely happen in the higher end model.

Hope this explains your doubts. :blush:

1 Like

Don’t follow the Outbound Policy instructions about putting exceptions (Netflix, YoutubeTV, etc.) above the expert line. It doesn’t work even though this is how the manual and help instruct. MAC and IP-based exceptions DO work above the line - domain-based exceptions DO NOT.

To make streaming work (as well as other websites that balk at VPN), do the following. Do not put the exceptions based on a domain above the expert line - it doesn’t work as many of you have found. Instead, put the exceptions BELOW the line, specify them as Fall-Through, and make sure the Speedfusion outbound policy is listed below the exceptions policies. You may want to put the default Persistance (with Fastest Response) policy below the Speedfusion policy (configure it to Fastest Response and Fall Through) in the event that none of your exceptions are triggered and Speedfusion is down for some reason. This will make sure that you will still get service on the Fastest WAN connection. This is NOT what Peplink instructs in their manual but it works.