Firmware 8.1.0 RC 1

We’re happy to announce that the Firmware 8.1.0 RC 1 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, FusionHub, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

1 Like

Hello,

Can you clarify what this is ?

[Cellular] Added an indication on Dashboard when
restricted management SIM is connected

Does it mean that when the bandwidth limit is reached, it will display the fall under restriction with traffic toward incontrol only or is it something else?

Is packet capture working in this build, on all models?

Hello @Lai,
I’d like to report a bug (seen in previous versions, reported to the IC2 team through the feedback tab) and is still visible 8.1.0 RC 1.
The VLANs of the LAN Ports on the Balance Routers are not reporting correctly back to IC2.
This is a snapshot from a Balance ONE followed by the same device ports in IC2.

Web Admin Network Ports Page

IC2 Device Dashboard Page

This Balance router has a mixture of VLANs set locally and from IC2.
You can see the VLANs do not display the correct VLAN number within IC2 and also the first three LAN Ports (1, 2 & 3) are not reporting as LANs, even though they are set up as LANs (not currently using the LAN as WAN options).

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Running a new Max Transit Duo. Would installing RC1 void any device warranty?

TIA,
Jim

Hello @JimA,
All terms and condition on the Open Beta Program from Peplink can be found here, take note of Point #5.

If you have any concerns around your warranty and you have not specifically been asked by Peplink Support through a support ticket to upgrade to the beta release, the safest option is to remain on the most current GA release.

Beta firmware is released for testing in the field. Many of the Peplink Partners (including our company) have beta releases running, this includes out in the field with customers who are OK with the risks and are willing to help in validating firmware before it becomes a GA version.

The choice remains purely yours, if there is a feature, based on the release notes, that you really need, then joining the Peplink Open Beta Program may be the way to go.

Note: Peplink Beta Firmware normally has a built-in expiry date and may not work beyond that date.

Happy to Help,

2 Likes

Thanks, Marcus. As I read that, if the FW somehow bricks the device, I’m out of luck. I’m itching to try Speedfusion, but I think I’ll just wait for the GA release.

Jim

1 Like

Any status on fixing the broken AP firmware pack upload/storage issue in the Balance series, as documented in ticket number 20050126? That ticket thread ends without resolution, with the statement:

That’s a known issue regarding pack storage. Possibly will be fixed in 8.1.1 GA.

Thanks.

Hi @mldowling,

Would you PM me the serial number of this unit?

Thanks,
Lai

1 Like

Hello @Lai
PM Sent with serial number.
I’ve also noticed this morning that LANs 1,2 & 3 are greyed out as disabled, when they are actually enabled.
Happy to Help,

Yes. An Icon will be displayed on Cellular status of Dashboard when Bandwidth Allowance Monitor usage hits 100% and “Reserve for management traffic…” option is enabled.

1 Like