This is Big, This is 7, RC.
WARNING: NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE
We’re happy to announce that Firmware 7 is now a release candidate! Here are the highlights for Firmware 7:
- Enhanced Functionality for Single Cellular Routers: The BR1, BR1 Slim, and MAX Transit are now equipped with SpeedFusion WAN Smoothing, Load Balancing, and High Availability! This makes them much more powerful contenders in the single-cellular market.
- Simultaneous Wi-Fi WAN: For the Surf SOHO MK3 and the MAX Transit, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios can both operate as Wi-Fi WAN.
- Extended Support for Port-Based VLAN: The Port-Based VLAN feature has been extended to a number of Balance models.
- Out-of-Band Management Support: UART enabled devices can now be used to perform Out-of-Band Management, remotely accessing another device even if it loses connectivity.
- New for Firmware 7 RC - Upgrade for Balance 305: Instead of connecting 2x PepVPN peers by default, the Balance 305 now connects 2x SpeedFusion peers! As always, the number of SpeedFusion peers can be increased to 20 with a license key.
Here are the release notes for Firmware 7 RC. We will be doing the public launch of this new Firmware shortly after the holidays. Click the link below to get your copy now!