Firmware 7.0.2 Glitch

I upgraded my peplink balance one from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2 last night.

Today, I had both modems drop offline (Modem 2: link down, Modem 1: Health check failed). Modem 1 was offline for 10 minutes until I power cycled it.

I’m on Spectrum (TWC) with Modem 1=Business Class and Modem 2=Consumer.

I’m 95% sure this is not related to the 7.0.2 update, but I wanted to mention it here in case anyone else was seeing weird stuff too.

1 Like

Look like the WAN links are not down immediately after the upgrade. So, I believe this is related to the stability of WAN links. Anyway, thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Upgraded a remote HD2 just now (with 4 independent WAN links) from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2 and the box never came back online. Network destroyed. I’ll be driving out to see what happened tomorrow. First time Pepwave has bricked a running box with a software update.

Can you help to open ticket on this? We didn’t encounter this problem so far. We also interested to know what is happening there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Went out to the dead box. It was up and running the old 7.0.1 and the Speedfusion link (being used for the upgrade) was down. A reboot fixed the problem and then an update was done using a PC on the LAN. Next time I’ll upgrade using a LAN based PC rather than relying on the Speedfusion link. In the past it hadn’t been a problem.

@djk This is weird. I frequently perform firmware upgrade via SpeedFusion tunnel without issue.

Can you please open a support ticket for support team to check ? This will make sure all things is working fine

1 Like

Any further updates from folks about experience with 7.02? I have been holding off on updating my Balance One while monitoring things here. In addition to this potentially related issue, there are a couple of other threads:

• DHCP issues with VLANs - @mldowling
  • Lockup with report of “Web blocking: An update for Web blocking DB is available.” - @ScooterIT
1 Like

I had the same thing happening to me.
Also using the Spectrum Business router set in bridgemode with static iP.

1 Like

@scuba_steve, @ScooterIT. The problem is mostly related to others issue instead of firmware problem based on our experience. Please open ticket for us to investigate if you encounter the problem.

Thanks.

1 Like

Already submitted

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1: Thanks !!!

1 Like

Same here - happened with both a Spectrum connection and USB cellular on both a Balance 20 and a Balance One. Reverting to firmware 7.0.1 fixed the issues for both.