Firewall Event Log: please format as a Table

It’s very hard to read or share the firewall event log, since each entry is shown as a free-form text like this:

If this were in a Table form, with each data item (e.g. Action, WAN, MAC, SRC IP, Src Port, DST, LEN, TOS…) as a sepearate column, it would be so much easier to deal with.

7 Likes

I am fine with the log in plain text format. However, an “Export as a table” feature would be nice to have.

3 Likes

An “Export as CSV file” would be great.

2 Likes

I would appreciate

• the ability to search and filter the firewall log entries as well as
  • a simple name resolution of the intranet clients that are causing an entry (instead only ip address)
  • a simple name resolution of the target of an entry (instead only ip address) - at least geolocation would really help and
  • adding the firewall rule’s name to the log entry causing the log entry (was requested in another topic from 2016 already).
4 Likes

Great suggestions. I’d also love to see the table have some links, so you could click the IP address (or DNS / DHCP name) of a device, and jump right to the DHCP reservation rule. Another link could take you to the specific firwewall rule that was invoked, etc.

3 Likes

+1 Yeah it’s a mess. The logging system clearly needs a lot more attention and work put into it.

3 Likes