Finding eSim EID

Any one know how to find Peplink eSIM EID for activation?

2 Likes

They don’t provide it yet. They have added this in the list of requests to be added later.

It helps to document all these use cases to assess the importance of the feature.

Hi! Any updates on this? Is it available now?

That’s going to take some time…

@Michael ?

1 Like

How could we test the BYO eSIM feature without the EID? The provider (T-mobile) asks for this value and the IMEI

Bingo

Only a few provider require this EID, we have tested succesfully with our providers in Europe and internationals.

Please also make sure they don’t ask an activation code.

Europe doesn’t generally use the SM-DP+ server to push profiles, most of the MNOs there encode all information (not tied to an IMEI/EID) in the QR code or activation string. In the US this is not the case, the eSIMs are tied to IMEI/EID and QR codes are not common (and in most cases, not supported unless you’re an enterprise client).

@Keith as I just asked you about this at the summit :slight_smile:

here’s another example from AT&T’s Premier (enterprise) portal

AT&T requires the EID/ICCID/CSN in order to activate an eSIM. While we can do QR codes in some cases, it requires a call-in and manual provisioning and, in some cases, the physical mailing of a SIM card with a QR code.

I am in active communication with T-Mobile. We have many circuits with them and have engineers available. From them: “I’m not sure I can activate without the EID. WOrking on it”

Bumping for an update. We’re starting to approach a point where eSIMs are overtaking pSIM usage for a variety of reasons (including being able to change SIMs without being physically present). Curious what the status is?

This is available with your registered devices on InControl.

Reference post here - Peplink | Pepwave - Forum

I’m such a dunce and totally missed that (or totally forgot haha). Thanks!!!