FAQ: Upgrade of FusionHub

Q. How do I get my current FusionHub upgraded or assist my customer with the upgrade, like from FusionHub Essential (5 peers) to FusionHub Pro (20 peers) for example?

First thing first, send your request to our order team for which FusionHub option you’d like to scale up. You’d also need to share the serial number (S/N) of the existing FusionHub with the order team.

You will only pay the price difference between the FusionHub Pro and FusionHub Essential in this case.

Once your order is confirmed and processed, sit back and enjoy the upgrade as the team will take care of everything for you.

Q. Will the upgrade affect the configuration of my existing FusionHub infrastructure?

Understandably some users may concern if the configuration of the existing FusionHub will be changed when upgrading its FusionHub. Actually, it won’t be changed or affected.

Q. Will I get a total number of 25 PepVPN/ SpeedFusion peers if I upgrade my FusionHub from FusionHub Essential (5 peers) to FusionHub Pro (20 peers)?

No, you won’t. In this instance, the FusionHub Pro will override the original FusionHub Essential and you will therefore have additional 15 peers available for your allocation.

Q. Do all types of FusionHub require an InControl 2 subscription renewal? How about FusionHub Solo?

Yes, all types of FusionHub including FusionHub Solo do require an InControl 2 subscription renewal if you wish to manage your FusionHub infrastructure via InControl 2 management platform.

Q. What is the difference between SpeedFusion Alliance (SFA) FusionHub and a standard FusionHub?

The only difference is the SFA member who owns SFA FusionHub doesn’t require the IC2 subscription renewal as the IC2 subscription’s expiration date links with the expiration date of the SFA membership.

As long as the SFA membership is valid, the IC2 of the FusionHub remains active.

[Back to FusionHub Directory](https://forum.peplink.com/t/fusionhub-directory/634d0a50e8ff9a4cb8105f0f/)