FAQ of SpeedFusion Connect

Q: What is the difference between SpeedFusion Connect Protect and SpeedFusion Connect LTE/5G?

SpeedFusion Connect Protect (formerly SpeedFusion Cloud) is the infrastructure behind SpeedFusion Connect Protect that provides access to our global network of SpeedFusion endpoints and technology without additional hardware. SpeedFusion Connect LTE/5G is an all-in-one solution offering access to not only SFC Protect but also LTE/5G data.

maxresdefault.jpg
Watch introductory video

Q: Which countries support SpeedFusion Connect LTE/5G?

SpeedFusion Connect is supported in America and European countries. For more detail please refer to this list.

Q: Which models support SpeedFusion Connect LTE/5G?

You can check the support model on this page.

1 Like

Hi Team,
Relationship between Cloud, Connect, and PepVPN. – can I still operate the way I am today with multiple endpoints connected over PepVPN, or do I have to use SpeedFusion Cloud? Or is that inherently part of the Connect service?

1 Like

Yes you can still operate the way you are today with pepvpn/speedfusion connections to either a fusionhub or another peplink device.
Speedfusion cloud tunnels are considered seperate tunnels and are counted and configured under their own tab.
You can either use outbound policies to do things with the speedfusion cloud, or drill down on the speedfusion cloud and configure it there for a simplified view.
Now on to speed fusion connect…
Speed fusion connect comes with a LTE bucket (speed fusion connect) and a cloud bucket (speed fusion cloud.)
You can use the LTE bucket for whatever you want, it doesn’t have to be tied back to the speed fusion cloud.
You can also only renew speed fusion cloud separately from the speed fusion connect service.

1 Like

Thanks Jonathan,very helpful. Curious how the transition between carriers occurs with a single sim/modem. Also, what is the potential downtime you might experience during the transition?

1 Like

Between T-mobile to AT&T either direction, is a pretty fast transition, 30sec-60sec, From either to Verizon takes more time as it has to reset the module, maybe 2-3 mins or so. With a single module there will be some downtime between switching.

1 Like

Thanks. What causes the transition, and what are the parameters you can, set if any?

1 Like

During the presentation I’m pretty sure they said it would select the best signal strength.
So I think the only thing you have under your control currently is setting the signal strength threshold.
Adding @sitloongs do you have more information on carrier control for the esim “speed fusion connect”?

1 Like

This link drops me into the login page, which provides a SpeedFusion Connect button. However, the only page I get after logging/getting in after selecting connect is the SFC Management page - no list of SF Connect devices (or other Connect information).

Please advise.

Z

1 Like

This session displays the support models:

2 Likes

I am really confused with SpeedFusion connect. It seems like a really nice simple way to get a cellular backup connection but it doesn’t seem to be an option for most of the routers that I use for small/medium businesses (Balance 20X, Balance 30 Pro, Balance One/Two). The only X series that supports it is the 310X and MAX MBX Mini? Why, I don’t get it? They are both in a totally different price range and are total overkill for a small/medium sized business. Why not the 20X? So then I was thinking well I can just add a MAX adapter (which seems stupid when there’s already an embedded cellular modem just like the 310X) but there’s footnote saying MAX Adapter does not support SpeedFusion Cloud. Purchases will only support SpeedFusion Connect?? Huh??

Am I missing something here? I just need a router with 1/2 wired WAN’s and 1/2 cellular WAN’s for small/medium sized business that’s not going to be overkill and cost several thousand dollars that can work with SpeedFusion connect AND SpeedFusion Cloud. I thought that would be the 20X or 30 Pro but it doesn’t seem to be.

Can someone please help me understand and maybe recommend a solution?

Hi John,

The reason the Balance One/Two do not support SF Connect is that they do not have a cellular modem. Most of the older platform devices such as B30 Pro and B20X do not support this due to hardware limitations.

Though, moving forwards most of our upcoming devices will support this along with the B20X when paired with an expansion module (FlexModule Mini).

Hope this helps, stay tuned!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I understand about the balance one/two. But are you saying that right now I can get the peplink connect service on my Balance 20X’s if I add the FlexModule Mini module? Is that something that requires a future firmware upgrade? If so, is there a timeframe on this? It just won’t work with the internal cellular modem? Thanks!

Correct, you will need a firmware update for the B20X alongside a FlexModule Mini to use SF Connect. The firmware is estimated around June time currently and will be available directly via sfc.peplink.com once it’s ready. Thanks.